Bluetooth Voice Dial

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by JRDroid, Jul 27, 2010.

1. JRDroid

JRDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand this feature is baked into 2.2, but it is not working for me on 4.5. It was working on Bugless Beast. I prefer SS, but if I can't get this working I will have to stick with BB. Is this just me or is this a known bug?

2. K1K

K1K Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it's been working for me. although it has been a bit quirky at times. but most the time it works fine. and the voice recognition it top notch.

3. thunter

thunter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really? What is the command to activate it? Where can I find this out and how to use it?

4. K1K

K1K Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I kinda found it by accident. If I long press the button on the side of my blue tooth headset, it kicks it on automatically. :icon_ banana:

it's so much faster and more accurate than the google voice search.

5. groovydeus

groovydeus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having the same issue - is this headset specific? I am using a Jawbone Prime and am not able to Voice Dial or to get Audio (other than after I accept an incoming call) over my headset.

6. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    worked on bbv0.4 not with ss4.5 of for that matter any other rom. i long pressed in bb but cannot get it to work with ss. go figure. get something give up something the world of swapping roms. by god it is fun though.

7. Asterisk

Asterisk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no problem with it. I am using a Motorola bluetooth headset.

8. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you are already paired with your droid try turning your headset on and off a few times to see if it will pick up (waiting a min or so between attempts) if not follow the steps below...

1. go to menu> settings> wireless & networks, make sure bluetooth is enabled, then go to bluetooth settings. if there is an entry under "bluetooth devices" for the headset you are using press and hold on that item for a few seconds until you get a popup window...then select unpair.(if there is nothing under "bluetooth devices" go to step 2)

2. set your headset in pairing mode and try to pair with the droid. (this proceedure varies depending on device manufacturer) once your headset is in pairing mode select scan for devices on your droid and let it do it's thing. (you may or may not have to enter a password/code, you may also be asked to pair with the device) this should get you connected.

note: in some cases, step 2 may need to be done 2 or 3 times.
    good luck...hope this helps.

9. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I have a Jawbone 2 and voice dialing is activated by holding down the top button for a couple seconds until it beeps.

It's whatever your headset's "multi-function" button is.

10. Earthwalker

Earthwalker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a jawbone prime and am able to voice dial with SS 4.3.

Just push the noise assassin then it says "Speek Now"

11. myk.robinson

myk.robinson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive my ignorance, but I am a bluetooth virgin and bought my first bluetooth earpiece today. I am running PE4.2 on my motorola droid 1 and have the earpiece paired without a problem. I can call and receive calls just fine. However, I can't seem to figure out how to activate voice dial or google search over bluetooth.

Is this an issue with the headset or with the phone? If it matters ,the earpiece is an inexpensive Jabra BT2070.

Thanks for any assistance/advice any of you can provide.
    -myk

12. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Jabra Extreme and use bluetooth voice dialing all the time. To activate voice dialing, I just tap the "talk" button on my headset (the same one you would tap to answer a call with the bluetooth headset) and the box pops on the phone saying Bluetooth Voice Dialer with a blinking microphone, while I hear "Speak Now" in my headset. I either tell it to call someone in my contacts (for example, "Call Ryan Reynolds" -- j/k, I only wish he were in my contacts!) or I say "Call XXX-XXX-XXXX" -- the phone number I want dialed, if not in my contacts. The name of the person in your contacts or the phone number will be repeated back in the headset.

If you don't have a manual for your Jabra that explains how to complete bluetooth voice dialing on your headset, I'm willing to bet you could find one online with a search.

13. myk.robinson

myk.robinson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you're running the droid 1? If that is the case, it may be a limitation of the headset. I read on the motorola forums that there was an issue with the phone itself not being able to do this, but i figured that people got this to work through their custom roms.

Anyone else able to confirm the ability to press the button on the headset to activate either voice dial? If so, please also post the make and model of your headset. I assume if you're in this area of the board, you're running PE on a droid 1.

thanks,
    -myk

14. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    As I said before, I'm using the Jawbone Extreme (which has the added benefit of A2DP for streaming music and sound from YouTube, etc., from the Droid). Bluetooth voice dialing has worked for me since Froyo. It worked on the Jawbone 2, as well.

15. myk.robinson

myk.robinson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting. I am looking at my manual http://img7.jabra.com/sites/Jabra/GNImages/Products/WirelessHeadset/BT2070/BT2070_UM1_NA_US_6133.pdf It shows to support the same commands as your more expensive model. Perhaps I just need to try a few different lengths of pressing the button. Voice dialing is listed in the product manual.

I'll try again tomorrow after a full charge. Besides, i left it at my office :)
    Assuming there are no special settings I need to change in the phone, looks like good old fashioned user error in this case.

Thanks,
    -myk

Search tags for this page
extreme voice xxx
how to activate voice dialing in jabra extreme 2
how to voice dial using jabra extreme
jabra bluetooth voice dialing
jabra extreme 2 voice command
jabra extreme 2 voice commands

jabra extreme 2 voice dialing

jabra extreme voice dialing

making a call using jabra extreme