Bluetooth Voice Dial and etc...

plongson

Reaction score
Is the OTA 2.1 suppose to include a Bluetooth patch to correct voice dialing??

barryp3403

Reaction score
Bluetooth and Android/Droid phones

Is the OTA 2.1 suppose to include a Bluetooth patch to correct voice dialing??

Not as far as anybody knows right now.

Can anyone explain in simple terms why the Droid Bluetooth implementation has so many compatibility issues. My old flip phone worked much better with my bluetooth car device than my Droid does. Why doesn't an advanced phone such as the Droid have decent bluetooth functionality. Is the problem with non-standard bluetooth devices or with the Droid or with Android in general?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In very simple terms, it's android OS and no android OS can do voice command blue tooth.

That doesn't mean there isn't a solution. There is Voice Dialer HF which incorporates the use of the camera button and there are devices out the like the Blue Ant Q1 which will allow up to 8 completely hands free contacts.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I was disappointed to discover that voice dialer hf does not work with droidmod 1.0.

Hermes

Reaction score
I too was a little disappointed when I found out that I can't initiate voice dial through my BT earpiece. I believe they are working on it though.

Other than the voice dial feature BT works great, much clearer than my previous Storm. I've had no problems pairing ear pieces, a Zumo GPS and my motorcycle helmet BT headset.:)

Edit: The Droid even automatically transfers my contacts to my Zumo GPS by Bluetooth.

Oogie Wa Wa

Reaction score
How do you dial on a motorcycle then?

Hermes, if you see this; how do you dial on your motorcycle then? What headset is that? I was very disappointed, had no idea about this problem until I went to push the button on my Cardo ScalaRider Teamset helmet unit and nothing happened. Wonderful. I guess its off to the support forum to complain....:icon_evil:

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score
So how does one go about to getting froyo on 2.1? If I have to wait for 2.2 will Froyo be installed?
This really blows because I could sure use voice dial and I don't have lots of time to Jack with this phone. I just need stuff to work. Motorola, Droid, Google and Verizon piss me off.

griz8791

Reaction score
The last update to 2.1 was such a cluster-**** that I had been promising myself there isn't anything in this one to get excited about. So just to screw with me they've gone and put something in the 2.2 update that will actually make a life and death difference in how I use the phone. Now I will have to chomp at the bit like last time. I feel like a lab rat.

SglMotoRiders

Reaction score
Oogie Wa Wa & Hermes,
I have a cardo (motorcycle helmet) blue tooth. I bought a new droid x a few days ago; v.2.1+update (I think that means I'm running 2.2?). My cardo BT did accept voice dial but now it doesn't. I've since added a screen lock password and read in the forums that perhaps that's the problem.

I've not been able to hear nav commands using my cardo without a hard wire (the one to connect the ipod) from the droid to my helmet blue tooth. It kinda seems like I have to turn my cardo blue tooth on and turn it on on the droid too..?

Any help is appreciated!