Bluetooth tunes to factory car stereo?

renthorin

Reaction score
With the Droid X will come the ability to broadcast my tunes via bluetooth to a headset. Joy. :)

Is there any way to get bluetooth tunes to my car stereo that isn't bluetooth enabled? It also doesn't have an audio-in port on the front :(

I've read/heard of aftermarket gadgets that allow a stock stereo to get bluetooth transmissions but haven't found one for my car.

2008 Pontiac Vibe stock radio.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Will

Brian1

Reaction score
You look into one of those fm transmiitters that can plug into the headphone jack and transmit to a FM channel

OP
renthorin

renthorin

Reaction score
Yeah..no. Those have terrible sound quality. Hoping for some other miracle ;-)

Droidfish

Reaction score
There are some aftermarket stereos that can as long as they have A2DP built in which supports hands free audio streaming. Also if it has AVRCP built in it will more than likely support the ability to go song forward, back, pause, but will not show song info.

ken.gentry

Reaction score
I have seen external Bluetooth devices that transmit FM to the stock stereo. I have not heard anything about audio quality. I'm using a cassette tape adapter on my ancient stock Lexus stereo to pipe in streaming radio. The audio quality is okay but the biggest problem is the stream quality, not the connection through the adapter. Stored MP3 files ripped from CD sound great.

OP
renthorin

renthorin

Reaction score
through the tape deck is better than fm transmitter. I don't have a tape deck and this is the stock radio, not aftermarket.

Was hoping for something that plugged into the antenna port or the like. They used to have those for multiple cd changers but I haven't seen them in a while :-(

Droidfish

Reaction score
Here is what I use:

Boyo Double Din

It's on the low end of car stereos but it works awesome, I bought it with my droid in mind and it handles incoming calls and voice dialing flawlessly. It also plays my droids mp3 player, pandora, podcasts, and mlb at bat streaming like a champ. Sound quality is perfect. It has a mic built in. And not to sound like I sell these things but from that website you also get a rearview camera and ipod connection thrown in, plus it has an sd card slot for video or music and a dvd player. (Seriously, I don't sell these, I bought one a few weeks ago and I love it)

OP
renthorin

renthorin

Reaction score
well...yeah..I can always upgrade the stock radio..but looking for something that works with what I already have in place :)