bluetooth syncing for my car

droidbum

Reaction score
I tried syncing my car (2006 BMW 3-series) to my DI but they never could pair. I thought maybe that I had forgotten how so I tried (and was successful) with my wife's Verizon Samsung Alias™ 2). Couple of questions:

1. Has anyone successfully done this with a similar car? Mine is an M3 model.
  2. The BMW compatibility website doesn't list the DI (not surprising since it just came out). They do list the Moto DROID though. The BMW service dept. says that BMW regularly updates their compatibility list as new phones are tested but if a phone has some problem then the phone manufacturer (HTC) fixes something at their end with the phone's bluetooth SW. BMW doesn't change (update) the car's SW. Does anyone have a link to find out if HTC is working on rev'ing the SW?
Thanks.

DoubleTrouble

Reaction score
Check with your dealer. Not certain about BMW, but my Mercedes uses MBUSA (on the phone keypad) as the default bluetooth password. I think 0000 is generally the default.

Good luck (Nice car by the way)

shawnb2

Reaction score
I have a different car, but am having trouble with the factory bluetooth as well. I'm in a 2010 Prius V. It will link with the phone but transferring contacts is where I have my problem. It randomly duplicates certain numbers as many as 10 times per name, but not all of them. Not only does it duplicate in the car, but it does it to my phone as well. My Moto Droid worked perfectly. Only thing I liked better about that phone.

OP
D

droidbum

Reaction score
Lexus bluetooth is a 2 out of 3

I tried syncing my car (2006 BMW 3-series) to my DI but they never could pair. I thought maybe that I had forgotten how so I tried (and was successful) with my wife's Verizon Samsung Alias™ 2). Couple of questions:

1. Has anyone successfully done this with a similar car? Mine is an M3 model.
  2. The BMW compatibility website doesn't list the DI (not surprising since it just came out). They do list the Moto DROID though. The BMW service dept. says that BMW regularly updates their compatibility list as new phones are tested but if a phone has some problem then the phone manufacturer (HTC) fixes something at their end with the phone's bluetooth SW. BMW doesn't change (update) the car's SW. Does anyone have a link to find out if HTC is working on rev'ing the SW?
Thanks.

The Bluetooth pairing to my wife's Lexus worked but the address book upload failed. Outgoing and incoming calls worked well. I could play my music via the Bluetooth and it sounded very good (both my mp3 files and Pandora).

Hoping that an OTA update or Android 2.2 will give life to my BMW bluetooth and fix the Lexus address book upload.

BTW: BMW dealer, BMW-North America and Verizon are utterly useless with respect to these problems. Usual NIH and blame-the-other-guy.

OP
D

droidbum

Reaction score
classic HTC response

Here's the classic HTC response to my questions about bluetooth pairing failure and partial bluetooth support for their phones. :icon_evil:

HTC has made the decision not to update the software on our end. In order for this to be corrected BMW will need to update their software. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any future questions. Also, I would like to invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at HTC Online Survey.