Bluetooth smar action?

LabShark

Reaction score
Is there a way to setup a Smart Action to only have bluetooth on when I'm in my vehicle? That is the only place I would need as far as I know.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a trigger for "dock" should work for a dock.

I tricked my by using "headphone" trigger (as I use headphone to car radio connection) to set brightness and to keep data alive.

A "location" trigger may work. Set your home as location to turn off Bluetooth it may trigger it on when leaving to location.

----posted maxx'ed out----

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm..

Set a location down the block from your house. As long as you go that direction every time it should work.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hmm..

Set a location down the block from your house. As long as you go that direction every time it should work.

Creative, however once he's out of range of that "location" a block from his house (like maybe 2 blocks from his house), the Smart Action will turn off Bluetooth.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There is a trigger for "dock" should work for a dock.

I tricked my by using "headphone" trigger (as I use headphone to car radio connection) to set brightness and to keep data alive.

A "location" trigger may work. Set your home as location to turn off Bluetooth it may trigger it on when leaving to location.

This SHOULD work! ;)

ashleyw

Reaction score
SuperTooth Buddy

If you are having issues with your bluetooth, and want a hands-free device to use in the car, I highly recommend checking out this product. It is called the "SuperTooth Buddy" and is a great hands-free bluetooth device to use in the car. You can check it out here: SuperTooth Buddy | TheCelebrityCafe.com

Richard_RSP

Reaction score
I have the cardock, so I have mine set to turn on bluetooth when placed in the dock.

I dont know if you want the dock or not, but so far I like it.

Scott0719

Reaction score
I have smart actions turn bluetooth off between 830 and 430 while i'm at work. If you connect to wifi at home you can have it turn off when it connects to wifi and it turns on when you leave. I found that to be a little annoying though. One other thing you could do if you don't have all five home screens filled up is put the "toggle bluetooth" widget on one of your screens so all you have to do is tap the icon and it turns on or off. I know its not automatic but I don't think its inconvenient. That widget also has a toggle for GPS, wifi, brightness and a couple other things I can't think of.

Zandar

Reaction score
If you charge your phone in the car, you can set it to toggle bluetooth on when you're charging, off when you're not. It'll also come on when you're charging and not in the car, but that shouldn't be a big deal since you're charging and the drain from BT being on won't be an issue. If you don't have/use a car charger, this wouldn't work (obviously).

You could also do the BT toggle widget, but having it do everything you want automatically is just so much more awesome.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
If you charge your phone in the car, you can set it to toggle bluetooth on when you're charging, off when you're not. It'll also come on when you're charging and not in the car, but that shouldn't be a big deal since you're charging and the drain from BT being on won't be an issue. If you don't have/use a car charger, this wouldn't work (obviously).

You could also do the BT toggle widget, but having it do everything you want automatically is just so much more awesome.

I tried that, but there's one big problem. Once the phone is fully charged on the car adapter, the charger shuts down and - so does the Smart Action! You will know when the Smart Action will sense charging by looking at the battery icon on the right. If it has a lightning bolt on it, and the levels are moving up and down, it's charging. If it's solid Green and no lightning, it will not be charging and the Smart Action will not trigger (or will un-trigger as the case may be).

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have smart actions turn bluetooth off between 830 and 430 while i'm at work. If you connect to wifi at home you can have it turn off when it connects to wifi and it turns on when you leave. I found that to be a little annoying though. One other thing you could do if you don't have all five home screens filled up is put the "toggle bluetooth" widget on one of your screens so all you have to do is tap the icon and it turns on or off. I know its not automatic but I don't think its inconvenient. That widget also has a toggle for GPS, wifi, brightness and a couple other things I can't think of.

There is also a nice widget that combines them all, called Toggle: Power control.

There are also nice controls that reside in your drop-down status bar. I like NotificationToggle but there are plenty of others.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have the cardock, so I have mine set to turn on bluetooth when placed in the dock.

I dont know if you want the dock or not, but so far I like it.

This works perfectly for the in-car BT, and also if in the car is the only time you use a BT headset, but if you use BT all the time (except at my desk) as I do, it becomes monotonous.