bluetooth signal cutting in/out... Normal???

jpd

Reaction score
Hello all, I have had my incredible for about 6 months and love it. Recently I have noticed a problem though and I am not sure if it is normal. I often use the Incredible with speakers via bluetooth. I've got 4 different sets of speakers. I've recently noticed that when I cover/touch the upper left hand corner of the incredible while using bluetooth with any of the 4 sets of speakers the music will cut in and out or not seem to be playing at all. When I uncover the corner the music is fine again. It doesn't matter if I am 5 feet away or 10 feet away it happens. It is annoying when I am trying to play a game like Angry Birds or Baseball while listening to music and my hand is covering that corner as part of playing the game. It makes the music portion unlistenable. I have tested this in most rooms in my house and outside just in case something else is somehow interfering with the signal and it has the same problem everywhere. My wife does not have this problem with her Droid X, but I do not have another Incredible to test this on. I think it may have been doing this for a while but i did not realize it.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or if you have a phone and bluetooth speaker, could check it out and see if you have the same problem. I am open to any suggestions before I contact Verizon support.

Thank you,

Jim

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one else on this forum answered before me, really none of the hundred or so people out there know the answer? Or are you guys just too lazy to reply?

Anyway, yeah that's why bluetooth sucks, everyone has this problem if they cover the Bluetooth radio, which I think is one of those circles if you hold your phone in direct sunlight- there are two, one is the proximity sensor, one is Bluetooth.

Anyway, I hate to ramble, but hey maybe you'll find this informative- Bluetooth works kinda like line of sight- if you stand between your phone on one side of the room and your Bluetooth speakers receiver, you're gonna block the line of sight, and bam, static/cutting out issues. It's not your adapter or your phone's Bluetooth radio, any Bluetooth stuff will do this. And that's why when you block that eye/circle Bluetooth antenna on your phone, your music signal is messed up.

Hope I helped!

OP
J

jpd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and reply. You answered my question completely. My thumb normally covers up the spot you are referring to when I am playing a game. I always thought the bluetooth signal could travel through solid objects easily.

Thanks again,

Jim