Bluetooth Recommendations

Reaction score
I am looking to get a Bluetooth headset and wanted to know what people recommend?

I have looked at the Jawbone Icon and was interested to know if anyone uses this one?

Has the ICON been out for a while and if so is there going to be another Jawbone coming out?

Immolate

Reaction score
I am looking to get a Bluetooth headset and wanted to know what people recommend?

I have looked at the Jawbone Icon and was interested to know if anyone uses this one?

Has the ICON been out for a while and if so is there going to be another Jawbone coming out?

The latest Jawbone is the Era, which you can find details on at jawbone.com. The Era is slightly longer than the ICON and has what they refer to as "HD" sound, which really means a larger speaker in the ear. It is the first bluetooth headset to have an accelerometer. You can start or end a call by double-tapping the headset. You can put the unit in pairing mode by shaking it four times. Like your phone, the Era can be upgraded as they write more and better software on it. The Era has two microprocessors and ROM on the device which can be programmed. There are tons of reviews out there and they all rate the Era very highly. It is $129.99 retail, but I got mine for 25% off through Verizon's accessory deal. I bought three accessories and got 25% off.

They also have the ICON which has no accelerometer and only one processor but is otherwise a fine headset and retails through Verizon for $100 and also can be purchased for 25% off. Both headsets are A2DP capable if you like to stream music through your phone.

The Plantronics Voyager Pro Plus also appears to be a fine headset. I would steer clear of the Bose however, as the features don't support the $150 price tag.

duckfat808

Reaction score
I have the Icon and love it. Works great with the Thunderbolt. I've had a bunch of other Bluetooth and the Jawbone Icon is the best one yet. I also like the audible caller ID that says what number is calling you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the Icon and it is very good but I am thinking of trying the new Bose I saw when I was home....I hear it has great sound but haven't heard anything on the talk side.

1android

Reaction score
I dislike jawbone very much. I know a couple people that have them and they sound so "tinny". I have had my motorolla H710 for 5 years without a single problem. you can find them on ebay for around $40. I am in sales and I throw mine on when I leave my house around 6am and dont take it off till I get home around 3 or 4. lasts all day and is very comfortable. I remember it took a couple days to get used to how it fits on the ear so it doesn't fly off when you turn your head, but once you get that right fit, it wont go anywhere.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
Jawbone ERA is my current. I also have a MOTO Finiti. I like it, but the nub stis way down in your ear and can get a bit uncomfortable.

Immolate

Reaction score
The Bose has received some pretty poor reviews. The sound quality is supposed to be pretty good for the user, but less so to the person on the other end because of poor noise cancellation. No A2DP either, which is shocking for a $150 headset made by Bose. The reviews I read pretty much summed it up as lower-mid-range features at a top-range price. It's like Bose isn't trying very hard.

gpigate

Reaction score
i have the bluetooth TB volume issue with the Motorola HX1. Didnt have this problem with my OG1.

if you are going to go out and buy a BT, I would look for threads on that to see if there are others experiencing it. I know of one that had it with the ANT BT's

MadScientist

Reaction score
I have the Motorola s90 and for a stereo set I'm very happy with it. Lots of controls and its less expensive than what others are pricing. $90 with no discounts. Lasts all day and then some. I suggest at least checking them out.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

rockula

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a BT headset too. My buddy (whom I trust) swears by his Plantronics Voyager Pro. I've heard that the Pro+ (which is the same price on Amazon as the Pro), is supposed to be improved, but is actually worse. The Voyager Pro is HIGHLY regarded as being really good. And i've heard the "for Andriod" marketing is just hype. Granted, some may work with certain features of certain phones better than others... but they should all work the same in principle. The sound quality and comfort vary considerabley though.I think I'm going to get the Voyager Pro. It's $70 at Amazon.

j

droidfellow

Reaction score
I use a Jabra bt 8040 it is tiny, has good quality, and supports A2DP for music listening.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the plantronics voyager pro, It's a great headset that works perfectly. Very comfortable and good sound quality on calls (i haven't tried playing music through it)

sent from my bolt

jbagofbeanz

Reaction score
Using jawbone ERA. Works great on my TB

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums