bluetooth quality problem with jaw bone ear piece.

txter

Reaction score
Does anyone else have quality problems with the Bluetooth headsets?
I have a Jaw Bone Icon and its been great on other phones but when paired with my D4 all it does is skip. Like their is a poor connection. I've tried to repair it with the phone many times but nothing helps.
Any ideas would be great.

Benton

Reaction score
The answer is likely yes but I'll ask anyway, did you try a reboot?

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
Yes. I've read that some people have the same problem when streaming music to their cars with this phone so I was wondering if something is up with the BT on this phone.

Benton

Reaction score
I haven't had the issue you are describing with BT and use both Jabra BT3030 and Moto S305 stereo headsets for music, Jabra VBT2050 and Plantronics Pro+ for handsfree phone, LG home theater system and my $&!# Microsoft Sync in the car. I'm really at a loss to come up with a suggestion since I lack experience with your BT device. Did you try a complete repair by deleting the original pairing then re-establish a new pairing? Sorry if I am stating the obvious but I am kind of throwing darts to the wind here.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
Ya, I've tried to repair it and reboot everything. Im going to try and find another phone to pair it to and make some calls to troubleshoot.

MistaMean

Reaction score
I am also experiencing a minor annoyance with my bluetooth headset as well. When streaming music from Pandora or playing music from My Library there is like a 1/2 second drop out or skip then the music continues to play and this happens every one or two minutes. Overall to me the sound quality is great except for these constant breaks in the music. I have tried two different bluetooth headsets with this phone, Plantronics Backbeat 903+ and Jaybird Freedoms. I returned the Jaybird Freedoms because they were uncomfortable and hard to keep in my ears without falling out when running, they both had this same problem. With wired headphones I am not having this problem and I have followed all the suggested guidelines when using bluetooth. Wish there was a solution or a fix to this problem, even though I have learned to ignore that skip or drop out because I do enjoy being wireless when working out or on the job.

western_riders_dad

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I have found the performance of my Jawbone Icon to be really good with the Droid 4, better in fact than it was with my previous two phone models.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
Well out of nowhere my ear speaker blew. Im Getting a replacement today in the mail so i guess ill be able to troubleshoot it now. And yes, I've loved my Icon. Its a great headset.