Bluetooth Profile ?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by snogard20, Sep 5, 2010.

1. snogard20

snogard20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I have a question and have searched the forums but couldn't find the answer and it may not even be something someone can answer here but I will give it a shot.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to add Bluetooth profiles to the Droid or if the profiles were some how hard coded into the equipment itself?

Thanks,
    Alan

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    I seriously doubt it but here's a :bump: for you in case someone knows of a way. Good luck :D

3. snogard20

snogard20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Corinacakes but I figured it was a long shot anyways since Google couldn't answer my questions.

4. Droidfish

Droidfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good bump. Unfortunately it's built in the spruce code from Google. The current profile supports a2dp and avrcp(which have various levels themselves) that together support things like being able to play audio they your car speakers and dial with in dash phone. It currently does not support control of your phones audio player. What exactly werevl you trying to do with your phones by.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. snogard20

snogard20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the profile is MAP? might be wrong on this but it allows Sync in my car to read text messages from the phone.

My wife recently got a new Samsung Reality and it is supported on her phone and so I was wondering if maybe the Droid2 had this profile if it would be possible to copy the profile to the Droid.

6. Droidfish

Droidfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If the droid 2 has it then the droid 1 should have it as this is something that usually makes its way into the OS updates(froyo), I hadn't heard what bt profile upgrades if any are in the froyo update but it sounds like samsung may have made there own bt upgrades. Somewhere on the interwebz there is a wiki that shows what each android os update included as improvements. It shows how the bt profiles progressed since the first android os. I'm on my phone so I can't find the link right now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

add bluetooth profiles to android

android howto change bluetooth profile
bluetooth profile droid4

change bluetooth profile android

change bluetooth profile on android

droid 2 bluetooth profile
how to add bluetooth map

how to change bluetooth profile

how to change bluetooth profiles
how to change your phones bluetooth profile