Bluetooth problem with Rezound

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hi all.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem.

When I make a call from my Rezound using any of the three Bluetooth headsets that I have, the party on the other end hears every word that they speak repeated back to them very loudly.
I tested this myself and it's annoying and unacceptable!

Anyone?
Do I have a defective unit?

Thanks
B

cp24eva

Reaction score
I wont be much help, but when I used the bluetooth system in my car it work just fine and clearly. I'll be buying a bluetooth after christmas, so i can report back then. I'll have my GF try hers later and give you an answer a well.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Beauty.
Thanks.
I've used these headset flawlessly with LG flip phone, LG dare and OG droid.

B

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Blueant Q2 and Plantronics Voyager pro and haven't had this problem with either.

clemarr

Reaction score
I have a Blueant Q2 and Plantronics Voyager pro and haven't had this problem with either.

I also have the Voyager Pro. With my Rezound mine has some static and gets kind of choppy which it didn't with my old phone. I thought about buying a Blueant because I have seen some really good reviews. How do you like the Q2?

Also to the OP which bluetooth headsets do you have? I know in the past I have tried some Motorola bluetooth headsets and they had really bad echoing. But that was along time ago.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
I've got Voyager 510 and a Jabra.
They're both several years old but have never had a problem with them.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try turning voice privacy off. Settings, call, voice privacy, uncheck

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I also have the Voyager Pro. With my Rezound mine has some static and gets kind of choppy which it didn't with my old phone. I thought about buying a Blueant because I have seen some really good reviews. How do you like the Q2?

Also to the OP which bluetooth headsets do you have? I know in the past I have tried some Motorola bluetooth headsets and they had really bad echoing. But that was along time ago.

Love my Q2. Ever since they finally updated the software to work beyond Android 2.1 it's been awesome. Reads all texts, great clarity, decent voice commands, etc. Voice dialing still needs to be updated but other than that awesome.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score

Sweet!
Problem solved.
Gotta love this Internet thing.

And to think that there once was a time when we had but one phone attached to the kitchen wall.

We've come a long way Baby!

Thanks!
B

clemarr

Reaction score

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Yep. I was trying to think of that when I posted earlier but could not for the life of me remember what it was. Since you posted this I remember now that I had to do that on an old LG 8100. That's what makes these forums great. I sit back and read and pick up all kind of stuff I didn't know or forgot (I am getting old) :)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Sweet!
Problem solved.
Gotta love this Internet thing.

And to think that there once was a time when we had but one phone attached to the kitchen wall.

We've come a long way Baby!

Thanks!
B

No kidding, we had a party line when I was a child. 20 or so people shared the same phone line, our ring was two shorts and a long ring.
I can remember my Dad yelling at someone who wouldn't get off the phone, we had an emergency and the old bitty wouldn't get off.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Yup.
I was going to mention the party line thing.

Ah, the times they are a changing!
:)

sjrbritt

Reaction score

I purchased the Blueant Q2 for my husband to use with his Rezound as a Christmas present. We haven't been able to figure out how to get it to voice dial. We keep getting the message that the feature isn't compatible with the phone. He wants to be able to voice dial and voice text. What is the best way for him to do this? He is getting frustrated and I really don't have time to search through all the boards and all the information. I have used information from your posts in the past to root my rezound so I know I can trust what you have to say.

Thanks in advance.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Blueant Q2 for my husband to use with his Rezound as a Christmas present. We haven't been able to figure out how to get it to voice dial. We keep getting the message that the feature isn't compatible with the phone. He wants to be able to voice dial and voice text. What is the best way for him to do this? He is getting frustrated and I really don't have time to search through all the boards and all the information. I have used information from your posts in the past to root my rezound so I know I can trust what you have to say.

Thanks in advance.

You need the Blueant app. It won't work natively with Android.

sjrbritt

Reaction score
Continued problems using Q2 with Rezound

You need the Blueant app. It won't work natively with Android.

We had already downloaded the Blueant app. He can redial and call back with no problems; but other than that we can't figure out how to send texts or read them or how to place a new call. The list of commands with the Q2 app is very limited and using "phone commands" we get the message that our phone is incompatible. He is on Android 4.0.3 and the voice dialer app does open before we get the message that the phone is incompatible.

He has also tried to use it with the Assistant app and can't get anything to work. He wants to be hands free for calling and texting.