Bluetooth problem with mac

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by maxohkc, Jan 25, 2010.

1. maxohkc

maxohkc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i was just wondering how do i connect my mac book with my motorola droid with bluetooth im really confused and have looked everywhere to find out how. i have done the obvious stuff but still cant get it i press pair on my droid and something pops up on my computer and droid with a code i press yes. and then my computer says its connected but my droid says paired but not connected. Im really confused please help

2. camcrobe

camcrobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had success with "Bluetooth File Transfer" from the market place and my MacBook (running leopard). with the app running and the phone paired, I can browse and copy files to and from the CF card.

3. maxohkc

maxohkc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yah that didnt work i just tried my computer says its connected but my phone says paired but not connected

4. camcrobe

camcrobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even though it's not "connected"-- with Bluetooth file transfer running on the droid, under the Bluetooth menu on the Mac, select browse device next to your phone's name.

5. maxohkc

maxohkc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha i know this sounds dumb but i just dont get it... i mean i can access my phone from my computer but i cant access it though my droid and im really trying to use bluetooth to tether using PDAnet. my phone still says paired but not connected

6. camcrobe

camcrobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ah.. That's another matter. The "how to" on PDANet's website is pretty good. I believe you need to download the Mac application as well (free from their site). With both apps running, from the mac set up the phone as a modem from "set up device" and use 123 as phone number. Dial in through the network preference panel. I find, at least with my set up, that BT is much slower that the USB tether using pdanet.

[edit] I misspoke. For BT tether, you apparently don't need to have the app installed on your mac. I have it running in the background none the less

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  7. maxohkc

maxohkc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW i am so sorry thankyou for your help i got it too work just fine i was just pressing some stupid stuff earlier and screwed everything up im sorry for wasting your time thanks for helping me so much. I got it i went through that tutorial thing online like 100 times on pdanet but just couldnt get it... i got it now thanks for telling me how to do it

8. camcrobe

camcrobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem. Glad you got it working.

Search tags for this page
bluetooth galaxy s4 to mac

bluetooth paired but not connected mac

droid not finding mac on bluetooth
galaxy s3 to macbook bluetooth paired but wont connect
how to connect droid 4 bluetooth to macbook pro
how to connect galaxy s2 to mac bluetooth