Bluetooth pin question?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I have a motorcycle intercom system that connects to my cell phone via Bluetooth so I can receive phone calls while on the road. When I first turned on BT and synced to the system I had to enter a code, in this case the unit needs to see 4 zeros. From what I understand some phones utilize 1234 as their code?, and this will not work with my intercom.

Does the Droid work the same way?

Hope I'm making sense:eek:

Ron

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try 0000, i've heard that one before. yes, i know what you are talking about, did you get it working? there should be a code in the paperwork that came with your headset, you can change it on the phone. to my knowledge, all bluetooth devices work with some 4-digit pin.. can anyone confirm?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try 0000, i've heard that one before. yes, i know what you are talking about, did you get it working? there should be a code in the paperwork that came with your headset, you can change it on the phone. to my knowledge, all bluetooth devices work with some 4-digit pin.. can anyone confirm?

Not all devices do. BMW for example does not use the standard 0000 pin number. Not sure about the Motorcycle system. I'll have to ask around and find out

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks miami. the motorcycle systems you refer to are likely third-party brands (like motorola or samsung, not honda or kawasaki). as far as i know, no motorcycle comes with any bluetooth device, so whatever he is using should be the standard 4-digit pin. well, maybe the gullwing.. that thing comes with an airbag now.

OP
R

rjsurfer

Reaction score
My intercom system is made by Cardo Scala and it works with the 4 zero code on my LG VX9400.

Just curious about the Droid pin, according to Cardo if I need to use 1234 as a code it won't sync.

Thanks

Ron W.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh! on the droid itself? we don't know what it ships with FOR SURE, but i believe all motorola everythings that have ever used bluetooth, have used the 0000 pin.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well the thing is there should be a way to have your motorcycle system send out the signal instead of having your phone send out the signal. While the phone itself does have a 4 digit number, all BT devices have their own 4 digit number. If i try to send a signal out using a BT usb device i have, i set up a temporary 4 digit code that I would enter into my phone to sync the two, but if i was trying to sync my computer to the phone and let the phone send out the signal, i would then need the phones 4 digit code. Every BT device I know of is capable of sending out it's signal. There shouldn't be issues with a "i can't connect this up".

Unless i'm completely not understanding my BT devices.