Bluetooth Permission Request.. turn it off?

goldrhim

Reaction score
Every time I turn on Bluetooth, I get a popup asking:

"An application on your phone is requesting permission to turn on Bluetooth and to make your phone discoverable by other devices for 300 seconds. Do you want to do this?"

I have to hit "No" every time. I can't seem to find a setting that would disable this message. Has anyone found a way to get around this? I have the Bluetooth File Transfer program on my Droid but I'm not even launching that program, I'm only turning on my Bluetooth (via my Beautiful Widget or the Power Control, it doesn't matter).

Thanks!

OP
G

goldrhim

Reaction score
Well, it was indeed Bluetooth File Transfer. After I uninstalled the program, it stopped asking me that question. Anyone know a away around it, though? I like having the program on the phone, but that message is *super* annoying.

chapaboy

Reaction score
bt

Every time I turn on Bluetooth, I get a popup asking:

"An application on your phone is requesting permission to turn on Bluetooth and to make your phone discoverable by other devices for 300 seconds. Do you want to do this?"

I have to hit "No" every time. I can't seem to find a setting that would disable this message. Has anyone found a way to get around this? I have the Bluetooth File Transfer program on my Droid but I'm not even launching that program, I'm only turning on my Bluetooth (via my Beautiful Widget or the Power Control, it doesn't matter).

Thanks!

Hi there I used to have this very same problem. The thing is that the program "Bluetooth File Transfer program" is asking you to activate the BT in order to start transmition... even if your BT capabilities are off.

I fixed this by just exit the program every time I am done with it.

just go to settings on Bluetooth File Transfer program > more> exit
it will ask you to confirm that you want to exit the program and done!!! it will stop asking you for permission.

I wish more programs came with exit option.... most of them just stay open.... :\

I hope this helps I think Bluetooth File Transfer program is awesome is one of my fav apps:icon_ banana::motdroidvert::icon_ banana: