Bluetooth performance has me concerned!

madmax75th

Reaction score
I LOVE the screen and overall performance of the S3 (voice texting is so much better than my Droid X) but when I try to make a call while driving via my bluetooth (Motorola elite) I was shocked! First of all it does not verbally acknowledge that I activated the BT (my DROID X asked me "what command did you want) all I get is a "chime" and then after I tell it to call "John Doe etc" about half the time I do not hear the acknowledgement or further question (IE you have more than 1 number for that entry..which did you want) about that number. My DROID X was extremely good about walking me thru making a call but this S3 seems as if making calls while driving is just a last place concern. I have called cust support but so far no help (including a reset of the phone...what a pain that was!) BTW- I can see that the S3 askes me all the questions like "what did you want to do" in print on the screen but for some reason this is not verbally sent (and I can and will NOT look down at my phone while driving!). Samsung tried to say the falt was with using a Motorola BT with a Samsung product but the cust rep at the store said "hogwash" he has the same setup and his works. Is this the way all Samsungs behave or is it unique that Motorola walks you thru calls better? Or is my phone a dud? Sorry for such a long question. If the Razor Max had the same Speed processor and same amount of Ram I would get that instead but...
Thanks,

Max

Parzec

Reaction score
I just discovered this issue today as well when i finally paired my headset. The lack of a decent voice command interface is the first flaw I have found with this phone. I am even using a Samsung headset that worked like a charm with my droid x.

OP
M

madmax75th

Reaction score
Does ANYONE else have a possible solution to this issue? Does anyone know if the Razor Maxx also has this problem (is this Ice Cream Sandwich trouble or Samsung only?)

Thanks again,

Max

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
madmax75th said:
I LOVE the screen and overall performance of the S3 (voice texting is so much better than my Droid X) but when I try to make a call while driving via my bluetooth (Motorola elite) I was shocked! First of all it does not verbally acknowledge that I activated the BT (my DROID X asked me "what command did you want) all I get is a "chime" and then after I tell it to call "John Doe etc" about half the time I do not hear the acknowledgement or further question (IE you have more than 1 number for that entry..which did you want) about that number. My DROID X was extremely good about walking me thru making a call but this S3 seems as if making calls while driving is just a last place concern. I have called cust support but so far no help (including a reset of the phone...what a pain that was!) BTW- I can see that the S3 askes me all the questions like "what did you want to do" in print on the screen but for some reason this is not verbally sent (and I can and will NOT look down at my phone while driving!). Samsung tried to say the falt was with using a Motorola BT with a Samsung product but the cust rep at the store said "hogwash" he has the same setup and his works. Is this the way all Samsungs behave or is it unique that Motorola walks you thru calls better? Or is my phone a dud? Sorry for such a long question. If the Razor Max had the same Speed processor and same amount of Ram I would get that instead but...
Thanks,

Max

the first case was you using moto speak between 2 moto devices.
I am using an lg tone bt headset and have great performance...
Remember, you are using a totally different app in s voice and need to relearn three methodology, it works great when you learn it!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I am currently downloading the "my motospeak" app to test it on my GS III, it should auto activate Thru your moto headset... Will test it and get back to you.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
okay here's the skinny...
1.download the my moto speak app from the play store.
2. Run the setup.
3. Be amazed... :p

* I had already had my moto command one headset paired so it picked it right up... took less time to be up and running than the download! Just make sure to follow the directions.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just throwing this out there, but if you haven't already go ahead and open the S-Voice app and make sure the "voice" is actually turned on and not just text. Just a thought. Though it clearly sounds like an incompatible device type thing, if this rep is telling the truth and using the same setup then it's undoubtedly some random hidden setting in some random app...

OP
M

madmax75th

Reaction score
So does the phone actually give verbal commands to anyone else when they press their bluetooth, I am not seeing many replies. NYTERAVYN...thank you for the Motospeak info...I have installed it but so far I am having some issues with hearing the audio at times but at least it replies with the "what command" verbal prompt. I will keep trying. I just am amazed that more people are not upset that this phone is so poor at making bluetooth hands free calls. I guess most people use this for everything BUT A PHONE when driving. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Parzec

Reaction score
No verbal commands here...our even an on-screen menu with suggested commands.

OP
M

madmax75th

Reaction score
OK here is what I have discovered thus far. First off, you must have the phone in "Driving Mode" if you want to hear any verbal feedback at all. The MotoSpeak" program works great as far as making calls or texts but it will NOT open APPS or make Calender notes etc. I am just so frustrated by the fact that this fantastic Smartphone does not make decent BT calls, when it is obviously fixable by the motospeak App.. I also wish I could customizse the alert tones sop I could actually hear when a calendar notice goes off. Like the iPhone joke..its a great phone, as long as you don't have to make a phone call ;) . Thanks again for all the suggestions thus far!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
madmax75th said:
So does the phone actually give verbal commands to anyone else when they press their bluetooth, I am not seeing many replies. NYTERAVYN...thank you for the Motospeak info...I have installed it but so far I am having some issues with hearing the audio at times but at least it replies with the "what command" verbal prompt. I will keep trying. I just am amazed that more people are not upset that this phone is so poor at making bluetooth hands free calls. I guess most people use this for everything BUT A PHONE when driving. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I have reset my phone a few times as the result of conflicting apps, that said, I have found a few things out.
1) My moto speak requires an appropriate device to set it up.
2) once set up as default, it can here used with any headset to include wired headsets.
3) it does learn your speech... once you get something right it will work on another headset that might otherwise fail.

So, if you are having issues consistently...
Find a quiet location and teach it the right words.

I an having no more issues when following my Own advice. o_0