1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bluetooth pairing problem in BMW - any advice?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by LedZep, Aug 25, 2010.

1. LedZep

LedZep New Member

While I suspect the issue lies with the vehicle and not the phone, it occurs to me that others may have had a similar problem and perhaps someone has found a solution - so here goes.

Recently got a 2009 BMW X5 with iDrive and NAV, and while the Droid paired easily, it will not upload the phone book. This is a major inconvinience, because now I have to make all outgoing calls via the phone instead of iDrive or voice commands.

I also have a 2007 3 Series with iDrive and NAV, and it works fine in that car (full phone book, etc.).

Any BMW owners here that have had this problem and found a solution?
  2. cplus

cplus New Member

check with manufacturer for any firmware updates that may have come out. You may need to interface the system in your car with a laptop possibly requiring a special usb cable. That worked for me. not in a Beemer but.. anyway, likely worth a look. good luck
  3. LedZep

LedZep New Member

Problem solved! It was a stupid user error. I had not previously noticed the DROID notice in the top bar asking permission to transfer the address book info. Once I selected "Always" and "OK" - all was well. Had to unpair and re-pair with that step, but now all is well.

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.
Search tags for this page
blue tooth is not working in bmw 2008 for samsung galaxy s4
bmw bluetooth not pairing

bmw bluetooth pairing problems

bmw x5 s4 bluetooth
connecting bluetooth on s4 and bmw
galaxy s4 bluetooth not working bmw 2010 x5
how to connect bluetooth to s4 and x5
is galaxy s4 interfaced with bme blue tooth
pairing droid x with 2007 x5
pairing samsung s4 mini to 07 bmw
problem pairing phone with bmw