Bluetooth pairing problem in BMW - any advice?

LedZep

Reaction score
While I suspect the issue lies with the vehicle and not the phone, it occurs to me that others may have had a similar problem and perhaps someone has found a solution - so here goes.

Recently got a 2009 BMW X5 with iDrive and NAV, and while the Droid paired easily, it will not upload the phone book. This is a major inconvinience, because now I have to make all outgoing calls via the phone instead of iDrive or voice commands.

I also have a 2007 3 Series with iDrive and NAV, and it works fine in that car (full phone book, etc.).

Any BMW owners here that have had this problem and found a solution?

cplus

Reaction score
check with manufacturer for any firmware updates that may have come out. You may need to interface the system in your car with a laptop possibly requiring a special usb cable. That worked for me. not in a Beemer but.. anyway, likely worth a look. good luck

OP
LedZep

LedZep

Reaction score
Problem solved! It was a stupid user error. I had not previously noticed the DROID notice in the top bar asking permission to transfer the address book info. Once I selected "Always" and "OK" - all was well. Had to unpair and re-pair with that step, but now all is well.

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.