Bluetooth pairing FAIL

omgitsnickels

Reaction score
Hi all! it's been a million years since I've been on here as I jumped over to the Blackberry scene for a while.. can't remember my old login stuff haha.

I have an HTC Incredible 2 with Cyanogen 7 (froyo) on it, and lately the bluetooth has been acting crazy and I can't find any relevant searches for the symptoms.

I purchased an ELM 327 OBDII scanner a while back and I use Torque to do needed things at work. Everything works without a hitch until one day, it lost it's pairing.

So I go into bluetooth settings and try to pair, and what happens is I get the "enter pin code" response, but it literally flashes on the screen for about a tenth of a second before disappearing then saying the pin entered was invalid even when nothing was obviously entered.

The bluetooth still works with other devices such as my EEG headset, my tablet and headset, and the ELM327 continues to work just fine on my tablet and my old motorola droid so I know that both items are functional..

What I've tried:
Clearing Bluetooth Cache
Forget & rediscover
Switching to stock android keyboard
Reinstall CM7 via clockworkmod without wipe
Reinstall CM7 WITH full wipe & cache format
Downclocking as low as possible to give myself enough time to enter PIN

Anyone had an issue like this before? Help! I need my doo-hickey for work!

OP
O

omgitsnickels

Reaction score
Update: It's not limited to my OBD, but any device that uses a PIN password... If the device uses PIN matching (asks if the numbers match) it works and pairs just fine, but any device that asks for the PIN it wipes the screen out before you can even finish reading... Anyone?

OP
O

omgitsnickels

Reaction score
269 views and no one has any kind of help? is it a seriously uncommon problem? (no sarcasm) I really need this to work for my job!! Being able to diagnose check engine lights, check timing and reading sensors is one of my biggest needs at my work!

curmudgeon555

Reaction score
cyanogen problem

Threads in the Torque forums suggest that there problems with Cyanogen rom's and torque....also mentions that cyanogen broke unencrypted blue tooth protocols.....so you may have to reload stock ROM.