Bluetooth issues

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Droid2 will connect to my Pioneer car stereo bluetooth most of the time. Sometimes I have to cycle bluetooth off then back on, on the phone to get it to connect. That I can live with, but frequently it uses the phone speaker and mic instead of the bluetooth speaker and mic despite being connected. The phone will ring, the controls show up on the radio screen, I push the answer button and end up having to pick up the phone instead of being hands free. This happens about 75% of the time, wether I initiate the call or receive the call. I have not been able to reliably pinpoint the circumstances, sometimes the first call fails, sometimes it works for several then fails. Very frustrating.

Has anybody else had this problem? Would rooting change anything?

I really don't know much about bluetooth and cars, I plan on exploring that hopefully next year. I would say however that something doesn't appear to be working properly if 75% of the time it doesn't work correctly. What makes me wonder is why the other 25% of the time it does?

Not that it should matter, but do you have other bluetooth devices paired to your D2? Have you tried removing them to see if this issues is still happening without other B.T. devices installed?

I do know from reading the forums as often as I do that there are many people who seem to have issues with their Bluetooth and their cars, but I never really see how they get resolved. You may want to try to Google an answer, or perhaps see if your dealer can help. Short of that I don't have much to offer you. Searching the Forums for others who may have had this issue is another answer. I'd try it from Google with Bluetooth Car Droid Forums. See what you come up with.

bertbear

Reaction score
The bluetooth car setup is basically just a headset with its components spread out. It is hard to imgaine that other people are not having similar problems with headsets. Just realized I have not tried disabling the media audio profile. I will have to try it that way, maybe it is confusing it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bluetooth car setup is basically just a headset with its components spread out. It is hard to imgaine that other people are not having similar problems with headsets. Just realized I have not tried disabling the media audio profile. I will have to try it that way, maybe it is confusing it.

I agree, I'm grasping for straws here, just thinking what I would try to do if I had that situation. In no way should this be considered advice.

sallyspud

Reaction score
flakey bluetooth - Pioneer car radio

My Droid2 will connect to my Pioneer car stereo bluetooth most of the time. Sometimes I have to cycle bluetooth off then back on, on the phone to get it to connect. That I can live with, but frequently it uses the phone speaker and mic instead of the bluetooth speaker and mic despite being connected. The phone will ring, the controls show up on the radio screen, I push the answer button and end up having to pick up the phone instead of being hands free. This happens about 75% of the time, wether I initiate the call or receive the call. I have not been able to reliably pinpoint the circumstances, sometimes the first call fails, sometimes it works for several then fails. Very frustrating.

Has anybody else had this problem? Would rooting change anything?

I have practically the exact same problem with my Pioneer car stereo and Droid2. The Pioneer used to work perfectly with my old Verizon not-smart phone, as long as I kept any other blue tooth device out of the car, which I did. Now, if I fiddle extensively with disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth connection, the first phone call will go through the radio, i.e. I hear the call over the radio speakers and the caller hears me through the car mike. 95% of the time, on the second call, I only hear the call through the Droid speakerphone and have to speak into the Droid mike. Occasionally, whether I'm makiing or receiving a call, the fact of the phone call and the ringing will show up on the radio, but in order to pick up and to speak to and hear the caller, I have to revert to the speaker phone. And once, the whole call unexpectedly and spontanously worked through the radio.This is what I call not working. This is why I am now looking for a good blue tooth headset that will stay in my ear and through which I can make voice commands. I just hope that the bluetooth in the Pioneer radio will not confuse the issue. Not a happy camper:angry:

jfelderh

Reaction score
Bluetooth Issue with audio

Have a Plantronics 520 headset. Pairs with my Droid 2 just fine. Audio from earpiece when I do voice commands is so low and barely can hear. Volume adjustment is already at highest but still can barely hear the commands over the bluetooth. Any ideas

MarkusCraig

Reaction score
bluetooth audio

I have the same issue with a plantronics 510; bluetooth pairs but very low audio from the voice prompts. I practically have to yell the voice commands via the bluetooth also. When I do get a call dialed, the call volume is fine. Looking for the same answer?...

SportsEd

Reaction score
Because of a workplace policy, I need to use Microsoft Security on the phone which requires a code is entered to access any applications.
The Bluetooth works when the phone is "unlocked" but will only access "phone layer" funtions (last number redial or answer incoming) if the device is locked (self locks after aprox 10 min). It requires manual intervention to unlock and then access voice command using the headset. Since I live in NY, we are not supposed to have a phone in our hands while driving. Since I use my phone frequently while driving it's been a real pain.
Same problem with my Droid X. When it's locked, I can answer a call or redial with my Bluetooth, but I cannot initiate a call. If I unlock the phone, it's fine.

dpb_is_me

Reaction score
simply not working right

I am having Bluetooth problems with my R2-D2 Droid 2 and Plantronics explorer that is much more basic. I have the situation where the phone has the solid blue connected icon and there is nothing short of a full power cycle of the phone to get them to talk. Of course I have a diffent version of firmware and a different kernel than the normal phone but it should be newer. In this case I think it has gotten worse not better.

I know that Verison has pushed an update for the regular edition phones but I'm not sure if it has any bluetooth fixes or if there will be a similar update for mine.

zaco7216

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my droid pro. It worked the first day & now bluetooth will not even turn on nor can I access the option to set in discovery mode. Any solutions???