1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

bluetooth issues on v.04?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by socalsx, Aug 24, 2010.

1. socalsx

socalsx New Member

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with bluetooth issues under v.04?
    When i had it, media would rarely connect to my sony xplod head unit. I would have to keep disconnecting/reconnecting to get it to stay. the phone aspect would connect, but media wouldnt.

I switched to Sapphire 1.0 which solved the issue, but i'd like to come back to v.04 for better stability and speed.

are there any fixes or file swaps i can do myself? thanks
  2. GZ2525

GZ2525 New Member

I'm having very, very low audio on my Bluetooth. Anyone have any suggestions?
  3. socalsx

socalsx New Member

GZ - can you be more specific? phone call, media, earpiece, car stereo?

my stereo has an extra volume setting that amplifies the bluetooth signal. might want to take a look at the manual or settings. other than that mine is just as loud as my CD's (running amps/components/sub)
  4. GZ2525

GZ2525 New Member

I have a Plantronics Explorer 230 that all I use for is for Phone Calls. I got it paired fine and I put it at the highest volume and I still can't hear anything unless I jam the thing down my ear and then it's still faint.
  5. crazyjoker2

crazyjoker2 New Member

I had the same issue. Something else like my messaging wasnt working like i wanted because I chose the wrong option for a default. I restored to an earlier point and but v0.4 back on and everything worked like a champ.
  6. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

id recommend trying ultimate droid, voice dial and even the new voice search features all work over bluetooth.
  7. mmaniaci

mmaniaci New Member

when running bb .4, are you using any themes? Stock BB I had no problem with but when I applied a theme, it stopped working. I ended up extracting the bluetooth.apk from the original bb zip and copying over the bluetooth.apk that came with the theme. You probably can do the same thing with the saphire one if it is the bb one that is causing you problems.
  8. socalsx

socalsx New Member

No i never ran a theme.. I would like to take the bluetooth.apk from sapphire.. Im not sure exactly how to do so.. just copy paste after deleted bb.04's?
  9. mmaniaci

mmaniaci New Member

Try this:

Try going into the Saphire update zip and extracting Bluetooth.apk (located in system/app of the zip file), then use Root Explorer (or whatever) and copy it to system/app replacing the existing BlueTooth.apk. Be sure to verifiy 644 permissions and then reboot.
  10. Car

Car New Member

I use the same headset. Volume is plain horrendous, but can't expect too much from a $30 Bluetooth. Also, this headset does not support streaming audio, just voice calls. I used this same headset with my old envy2 and I could stream music thru Bluetooth but cannot with my Droid....strange!

P.s. make sure you are raising the volumes on both phone and headset, as they do have separate levels.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  11. spikejnz

spikejnz New Member

I have issues with Bluetooth on v0.4 as well. Specifically, I used to connect my Droid to my Garmin Zumo 550 on my motorcycle, and then from my Zumo to my Scalarider Q2 headset on my helmet. By doing this, I could see who was calling and integrate my POI dialing, as well as access my phonebook from my Zumo.

However, ever since the switch to v0.4, I can no longer do this. My Droid constantly disconnects/reconnects to the Zumo every 5-10 seconds. I didn't have this issue on previous builds of BB, and I've even tried a clean BB install with same results.

Any thoughts?
  12. mmaniaci

mmaniaci New Member

have you tried replacing the BB .4 bluetooth.apk with one from another rom that it works with?
  13. spyderfreek

spyderfreek New Member

I recently switched to sapphire 1.0 myself, and was happy to learn that the bluetooth would auto connect to the sony deck I have.

Bugless always only connected the phone audio, and not the media. To sync, you have to long hold on the xplod in bt menu, then disconnect/connect.

Sapphire works a ton better for me so far, only thing I miss are the scripts, having to do that stuff manually makes it a smidge harder.
  14. GZ2525

GZ2525 New Member

Yeah I got the headset for $11. I'm not expecting much out of it, but I should at least be able to hear.

I do use a theme so I'm going to try copying over a bluetooth.apk. I have the volume increased on the headset to max and even when I increase in-call volume on the phone it doesn't do anything.
Search tags for this page

samsung galaxy s4 zumo 550 phone book