Bluetooth issues? Car stereo.

dragracekid

Reaction score
I've had my x since it came out and i've had 2 issues with it the speaker phone mix issue and a problem hooking it up to my alpine radio, the problem is i can hook it up once and it will b fine but the second time i try it never hooks up right it says its connected but i can't use any of the features over bluetooth and when i call there is no way of playing it through the car has anyone had this issue?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nhinrichs

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. I have an Alpine INA W900 Stero navigation unit and I got it to connect once and download the phonebook, however after turning off the car and upon restart it fails to connect and wil not reconnect properly.

PDred

Reaction score
I too am having an issue like this.
My setup:
DroidX
cda-9886 head unit
with the special cable to connect o
kce-400bt

Have the same issue. Can connect it the first time.
Then if it becomes disconnected, I cannot get it to reconnect even though it might sometimes say it is. When I go to the phone book, it just flashes "updating" indefinitely.

If anybody has any ideas on this, please share!!!

sda

Reaction score
I use bluetooth connectivity pretty often in my (long) commute to and from work. My DX pairs successfully with my Acura about 95% of the time, and I'm able to listen to music, as well as make phone calls. Once or twice I have faced issues where my phone and car appeared to be paired, but I still had to speak into the phone for a call.

My theory is that the phone and/or car unit need a certain amount of time to 'forget' the previous bluetooth connection and 'prepare' to reconnect. Can you try reconnecting with a 5 min delay to see if the problem goes away?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
sda: I have a similar issue that I've been noticing.

My DX will connect to my Kenwood stereo's Bluetooth successfully every time when I start the car. Then whenever I end the first call that's made or received, the connection drops and I have to reconnect usually just by cycling the power of the Bluetooth on the phone.

I don't get it...anybody have any insight on this one?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Bump for my previous question about Bluetooth dropping after a call...

pcw

Reaction score
DX problems with Motorola HF850 carkit

N problems pairing my DX with the Motorola HF850 Bluetooth carkit permantly installed in my car, HOWEVER, once paired, the carkit's pairing confirmation beep keeps on beeping once every 30 seconds or so.

Am I leaving out a step during my pairing, or is the DX not ready for prime time with some of these Bluetooth devices?

edgedy

Reaction score
hello i am new to this forum and had a quick question, i recieved my incredible recently and was looking into buying a new stereo bluetooth adapter for my home. but i stoped because i felt reluctant to buy because i had previously owned a iphone which had the annoying inability to change volume while connected to bluetooth. i did not want to have bought the thing and then it turns out it will not work well as needed. anybody know any information regarding this topic? thank you alot for your help

Ivanhoensandiego

Reaction score
I also have the HF850 with the exact same problem. I went through hell with Verizon tech and then Motorola tech tried to tell me that the bluetooth version 1.2 won't work with the X. I called back and was told something different, that it's the Google software. My old H500 earpiece works fine. Hopefully the new software will solve the problem if it comes out this week as planned.

madAdam

Reaction score
My Droid X pairs right up with the Nav+ in my 2006 Audi S4. Outgoing calls work fine through the car's audio system. But incoming calls come through the phone's speaker phone.

socalsx

Reaction score
somewhat similar.. I have one of the first Sony xplod with bluetooth and my droid will sometimes pair fully. It always pairs the phone, but not always media which can be annoying. I think a previous poster might be right about pairing/unpairing too quickly.

Vose

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
IPhone 5
I have my new stereo bought on seicane.com
never had this kind of problem;);)

Last edited by a moderator: