Bluetooth issue

nplenn

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Acura TL Type S with Navigation, and have had to swap out a Motorola phone in the past due to Bluetooth incompatibility. I notice my new Droid is behaving in a similar manner, namely while the phone paired up no problem it does take a while to sync. Additionally, I will have intermittent episodes where the call is placed but I can't hear over car audio or speak over car mic...Is this an issue with Acura HandsFreeLink protocol or with Motorola???

mattgew

Reaction score
I am also having issues with bluetooth on acura hands free link. For the most part it is working well, but a few times I have lost the connection and not certain why.

cheers007

Reaction score
I have an 09 Civic SI with navi, and my HandsFreeLink is doing the dropped connection deal as well. So it looks like there is a compatibility issue and it is not just my phone.

Can we please get a list of folks who are having this issue? Other than this important feature not working, I love my phone and would hate to give it back.

aaliggio

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jag with built-in BT capabilities and it is doing the same thing ... it pairs with Droid then keeps cycling on and off every minute of so. Very frustrating!

Hope someone can reply with a fix. Thanks!

PatG

Reaction score
2006 Acura MDX with Navigation. So far no problems, but I really haven't been on the phone much. By the way, anyone know if you can use the Droid as an mp3 player over the cars BT?

MJL

Reaction score
2009 Acura MDX owner ... had a Blackberry that worked perfectly with hands free link. Droid bluetooth is flaky (have no problem dialing out using hands free but audio does not go through car speaker system) and hoping 2.1 OS corrects the problem. In the meantime .. work around, tell HFL "transfer" to get the call from the phone speaker system back onto the car speakers.

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
I have an 09 Civic SI with navi, and my HandsFreeLink is doing the dropped connection deal as well. So it looks like there is a compatibility issue and it is not just my phone.

Can we please get a list of folks who are having this issue? Other than this important feature not working, I love my phone and would hate to give it back.

I have the same car, the same phone, with the same problem. :icon_ banana:

cstan

Reaction score
Greetings. Just got a Droid and love it. I did a search for this topic but couldn't find a specific answer. I have a Parrot CK3000 Evolution bluetooth in my car (work car.) After several attempts, and hassle, i can finally get my droid to pair and connect....most of the time. However, when I do get it connected, I long press the device name, but I do not see the option to connect the media. It's not listed anywhere that I am seeing. Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thank you :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forum. It's our goal to try to help everyone who has an issue. This particular issue thought I have to admit I'm not familiar with but let me ask you some general questions. When the device shows up does it ask you to pair to this device? I'm assuming it does.

I don't know what option you are looking for after that. I don't see that on my Droid but I only use a BT headset so that's probably why. Have you attempted to play your media once you see that it's paired and the device is showing active in the screen?

cstan

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I am reffering to the screen that says "Bluetooth settings" at the top. This is a sub-screen from Wireless & network Settings. Down at the bottom, it has a section called bluetooth devices. Under that it asks me to pair with the divice I have on there. Once I do, I long tap the device and choose options. From there I was to assume (from other problem solving websites) that there is an option to click "Media" so as I can play the media through the bluetooth. My issue was that I don't see the "media" choice.

To answer your other question, I tried to play the media when I'm connected to the bluethooth and it doesn't go through the bluetooth, just the phone its self.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot but from what I have read on other help sites, thats how to do it. Again, thanks for your help and response.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm looking around my list of people that I have that are very knowledgable about the Droid and I'm not seeing anyone on board right now.

If you don't get a response to this issue try sending a pm to either tanknspank or to PilotCharles747. Another good one is KZIWarrior. Maybe they can at least point you to someone else.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

cstan

Reaction score
Thanks anyways. I really appreciate the response. I will definitely get ahold of one of them if I dont get another response.

kcluggish

Reaction score
2007 Camry

I am also having problems with my Motorola Droid synching with the handsfree system in the car. I have had an LG Dare and another Motorola phone that synched fine with no problem. I can synch the Droid and it will work a couple of times and then the next time I try to synch - no connection. I have even deleted the pairing and started over with the exact same result. It defeats the purpose of having handsfree if the phone won't synch when needed!!!

Sorcerer

Reaction score
OK, got 232 running on my Bionic, with AOKP.

Everything seems to work great, with one exception.

If I have bluetooth enabled on the phone, I get no audio through the phone speakers for phone calls.

Example, I enable bluetooth in the morning, & get in my truck. Truck paired with phone just fine, music streams, phone calls work perfectly.
I get to work, truck is off, I'm about a quarter mile away from it now, but when I get a phone call, I get nothing at all through the speaker, & they can't hear me either. If I then turn off bluetooth on the phone, I can make & recieve calls again.

I also have a pair of bluetooth headphones I use occasionally at work. Same deal, they work fine, but I can't use the phone if bluetooth is turned on on the phone.

This has gotten quite frusterating & I'm looking for some kind of fix for this so I don't have to manually turn on & off bluetooth everytime I want to use it.:mad: