Bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by curious_george, Aug 7, 2013.

1. curious_george

curious_george Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I was looking to buy a bluetooth headset for my S4 and wanted to know which ones work best. I don't need a lot of functions but looking for one to talk on the phone which can last most of the working day on standby.

Thanks

2. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Plantronics Voyager Legend has great sound quality on my S3. I connect to my work and personnel phone.

3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +757
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy s4
    Bought a bluetooth headset years ago and Motorola had the best headsets around during that time. To this day mine still works and I used to use it alot during gaming sessions online, but haven't used it recently. After about 4yrs I'd say the battery still lasts pretty long.

4. m3incorp

m3incorp Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I have the Plantonics M1100 that works pretty good for me.

5. joemontana

joemontana Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Before I got my latest one I would have said spend some money on a blueant.
    However, a few weeks ago I bought a cheap plantronics at Costco. As I recall, it was around $30.
    It's the best fit of any headset that I have ever used! Sound quality is good also!
    Plantroncis M1555 is I think the model. But the print is tiny and my reading glasses won't do the job.LOL Just look for a plantronics that's around $30 at Costco.

When i got my S4 I bought a Motorola for twice the money. It is, IMO, a horrible headset. I have never gotten it to fit correctly.

I don't use the ear hook with the plantronics. I just pop it in my ear and never even notice that it's there.

Or this one looks good also...Amazon.com: Plantronics M50 - Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

6. curious_george

curious_george Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks - will look into the plaintronics. Has anyone tried the Jawbone era? I read some reviews that it's pretty good when using the phone to talk to someone on a noisy street so the person on the other end can hear your clearly.

7. Fabric8r

Fabric8r Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My Plantronics M1100 makes a garbled sound for a second, every 4 seconds or so. Didn't do that with my S3...

8. FoxKat

FoxKat Resident Novelist...LOL! Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    I have the Jawbone Icon Rogue and the noise canceling feature is incredible. It doesn't just reduce the background, it virtually eliminates it. People I talk to think I'm using the phone's microphone, not a BT headset. I've used it at conventions and people on the other end of the conversation think I'm in a quiet room.

Just amazing quality, and features.

Great headset, fanatic sound, tremendous battery life, and customizable via USB and Desktop or laptop PC. :thumbup::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

9. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +776
    I have an Era I picked up new on Amazon for under $40 and yes the noise reduction is very very good. The secret to any Jawbone noise reduction working right is not jamming it against your cheek yet having it touch your cheek. The Noise Assassin can be turned in or off on the Era if one prefers and it uses the digital noise reduction that everyone else uses in its place for dual noise reduction ability.
    At any rate, my Era fits very well, comes with a plethora of different ear piece sizes and styles for a custom fit to my ear and gets about 4-4 1/2 hours of actual talk time or music/tv time. It's also very comfortable, though not quite as comfortable as the Jawbone Icon it replaced. My Icon has been taken over by my 5 year old to talk to her mom and still works very well 3 years after buying it and gets about the same battery life as the Era. The Icon tried to combine both Noise Assassin and digital noise kill at the same time and sometimes it shows it wasn't quite there yet, the Era fits a much better job of separating the 2

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

10. m3incorp

m3incorp Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I had the Jawbone Icon. Decent headset, but I couldn't get a single one of the ear pieces to fit without hurting my ears. It comes with a lot of them, so I'm sure it was just my ears.....oh and the ear loop always fell off.

11. Mike.757

Mike.757 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +98
    I use the LG HBS 700 headset. It is by far the best I have used and I have tried Plantronics, Jawbone and Bose. It sits on your neck and the wired ear buds go into you ears. The unit then BTs with your phone. It has the best sound by far. I also find myself wearing the earbuds after the call because I forget they are there! My fiance has one also and the call actually sounds better on the headset then when she is holding the phone to her ear. The battery life is phenomenal!! I can go in excess of 15 hours of heavy, heavy use (constant phone calls and music) on one charge. And, you can't beat the price!! Best headset IMHO if you don't mind the neck band design.

LG Mobile HBS-700 Stereo Bluetooth Headset Neckband Style Headset

12. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    +1 for jawbone. I have the era and the icon and both you can get refurbishedb from eBay for under 30 (trust me I know I've ran a few through the washer and dryer lol) and they work great.

13. tc1

tc1 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I have both this and the newer model.

Awesome bt headsets, the newest version sounds incredibly clear.

14. Mike.757

Mike.757 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +98
    TC, I read that the newer headsets disconnect a lot. Have you had any issues like that?

15. tc1

tc1 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Not at all, I read a lot of those reviews and was really worried about buying the 730's.

Lot of complaints about poor reception and range of the new model.

I took the plunge and have had absolutely no issues like that at all.

Range is the same for me probably 30 feet or so, battery life in insanely long and best of all the sound is much more clear. Like going from mono to stereo.

Search tags for this page
best bluetooth headset for gs4

having trouble pairing plantronics m1100 with galaxy s4

jawbone era won't link to galaxy4

lg hbs-700 disconnects

looking for a bluetooth for a xt1080 phone

looking for photos of someone wearing bluetooth neckband headset

motorola moto razr neckband bluetooth headset

pairing plantronics m50 to a droid razor hd

pairing samsung galaxy s4 to plantronics m50

which bluetooth headset works best with samsung galaxy s4