Bluetooth Headset/Headphones recommendation?

MJE

Reaction score
Anyone have the Motorola H17TXT? I have issues with putting things in my ear, so I like that this BT doesn't have those ear things.
Thanks for any feedback!

Yes, i have it and motospeak works great.
it comes with 3 no plug ear hooks and 2 no hook ear plugs. I replaced a working fine plantronics 925 so i could listen to MLB at bat all day at work and it reading text messages to you while driving is a nice touch.

I've had 3 of these h17txt headsets in the last 3 weeks....

Yes, they are very comfortable. I find most ear hooks too large, but this one is just right. The headset stays put very well.

Sound quality on 2 of them was excellent. One was a bit buzzy.

I don't text enought to really give MotoSpeak a good test. I have encountered a few bugs, like when I hang up from a call random songs from my Moto Droid start playing, and sometimes the software doesn't launch when I turn on the headset.

So why 3 headsets in as many weeks? Well, I have 2 phones. Droid personal phone and Sprint (YUK!) Treo Pro (QUADRUPLE YUCK!!) for work. The headset worked great for the first couple calls when paired to the Droid. Later, after pairing with the Treo callers started complaining that I would fade away. They would hear the first couple words in a sentance but then I would sound like I was walking away from a speaker phone.

It's doing this on both phones. I've tried resetting it to factory specs and repairing, resetting it and pairing to my husband's Moto Droid and I don't remember what all else. Same thing. I fade away and so does my husband when he tries using it. All three headsets have done this.

Called Motorola. No help.

My husband also has one he uses with his Droid with no problems. So don't know if this is a dual-pairing issue or just my luck....