bluetooth hanging phone

Skipperjohn

Reaction score
Hi
I just got the RAZR after 2 happy years with my droid 2. It's a great phone but around 20% of the time, when making a call in my car using the bluetooth, the phone locks up. The last time the other party hung up and I could not use my phone for close to an hour (what a pain not being able to remove the battery to reboot it). I tried pressing the power button, long press, really long press and unreal long press... Nothing. Then I plugged it into my car charger and it booted. Hmmm...
Last night this reoccurred. After my power-button ballet I plugged it into my charger and it rebooted. Interesting to note, all the while (the second time) the phone was disconnected form my bluetooth but the call was connected. I had gotten my friends voice mail and she said I left a long message of soft profanities as I was fumbling with the phone and trying to drive...
I don't know if there is some other trigger. I think I got mail last night when I was on the call. I couldn't tell you if the first time I got any messages or mail.
Anyone else experiencing this or anything similar?
Other info, I have quite a few apps installed but no hacks or anything funny. I have the phone for 2 weeks, it's all pretty much up to date.