1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bluetooth for you're car.

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Accessories' started by DigbyDNh, Jan 13, 2012.

1. DigbyDNh

DigbyDNh New Member

I have an older model truck that doesn't have the built in Bluetooth. So I'm looking for something that will replicate that. I have a Bluetooth that fits in my ear but I want it to be able to use my car speakers. I've heard someone said something about a FM's transmitter but I'm not sure if that right.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

You can use a BT audio gateway to an AUX in on your stereo.

I've used quite a few.

BlackBerry Audio gateway.
    Acoustic Research mini bridge.
    Finally, Kensington Liquid Aux.

The Kensington unit is the best so far simply because I don't have to manually power it up. If you have a key-on powered cig lighter, once the unit receives power, the unit will automatically pair with your phone in 2-3 seconds.

As an BT audio gateway, it rocks. As a BT Handsfree kit, it sucks. And the remote that comes w/ it seems to hit or miss. Also, there's a USB port you can use to charge your phone.
  3. razramazr

razramazr New Member

thanks a lot this helped me out!