Bluetooth FM Transmitter / Charger

marioval

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the GoGroove SmartMini BT Advanced Bluetooth FM Transmitter. I have read the reviews both good and bad and feel that for the price it's a good option. One potential problem I see is that since the Rezound is such a power hog, I wonder if this device will give my phone enough juice? I had an older FM transmitter that had had a 500mah charger and my rezound would slowly lose charge while streaming music instead of charging. The GoGroove has a 600mah charger so i'm wondering if this is enough or will I need a 1000mah (1 amp) charger to get the job done?

acejavelin

Reaction score
600ma might be pushing it, I do know that charging with a 500ma charger well streaming music & BT is insufficient, 750ma is enough to VERY slowly charge as I have done with an external charger and BT, so I would guess that 600ma is not going to be sufficient to charge but maybe a wash, sorry, but a separate external charger may be required.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I always used a 1amp charger and it was completely sufficient to run the phone + GPS + BT.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
So I ended up ordering a GoGroove Flexsmart X3. More expensive but it has the 1 amp charger and gets good reviews all around.

jamesmount

Reaction score
Hello Marioval ! I am using 1000mah charger it's completely rocking feature and it's sufficient for i phone and i pad.

jamincompu

Reaction score
always used a 1amp charger and it was completely sufficient to run the phone + GPS + BT too
oBTk

jamesmount

Reaction score
always used a 1amp charger and it was completely sufficient to run the phone + GPS + BT too
oBTk

Hello jamincompu ! It's not true that you always use 1amps charger it can change According to hardware and phone system.

jamesmount

Reaction score
Hello all ! For further information about the 1amp charger ,1000mah charger and any other transmitter problem please visit here. Because i have solved many problem by the help of this site.

jamesmount

Reaction score
Can Any One tell me what's the difference between 500mah and 1000mah. Actually My question is, is there any performance gain to slow charging vs fast charging ?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
All lithium ion batteries are protected by a "chip", phone manufacturers can control some of the charging perimeters of the charging cycle. Most batteries will accept a % of amperage based on the mha of the battery, then the battery is charged by max voltage of the battery (4.3) in most cases. A higher ma charger will get the battery to 50-60% faster but still relies on 4.3 volts to top it off. The chip in the battery has the final say so no matter what. (Heat is the final factor)

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums