Bluetooth file transfer

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jakegsxr11, Nov 23, 2010.

1. jakegsxr11

jakegsxr11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot seem to get bluetooth file transfer to my laptop to work. I have the droid and laptop paired but I keep getting an error on my droid saying the request cannot be handled correctly after I try to send a picture. Any help would be great thanks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. TJ110158

TJ110158 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a BETTER WAY.

In the Android Market there is an app call (AWESOME DROP)........"Almost FLAWLESS"
    I say almost because I find myself having to go into SETTINGS/APPLICATIONS and clearing the AWESOME DROP CACHE after I shut the phone off and on. Also to save you some time, know that during the installation of this app on the phone, it creates a folder on your SD card called "DROP" which is where all the files you send using this app are stored.
    Other than those to things, I find this program to be the way to go.
    Oh Yeah: There is one more things to note. This is an app for the phone, but on the desktop/Laptop there is a website that you go to "which is the perfect way to share things off your phone with others) Once you start the app on the phone, your given a 4 digit code to use in the browser.

3. wolfe69

wolfe69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone figured out how to use bluetooth file transfer running Liberty 1.5? Is anyone besides me even curious about it?

Sent from Liberated Droid 2

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Would you be terribly upset and think I'm being a wise guy if I said no, I'm not?

We can transfer files over WiFi or by mounting our phones to our computers. I don't need bluetooth for that.

Now as I was typing this I started thinking of how this might be useful for business but for the casual user I don't think there is any benefit to it.

5. alostpacket

alostpacket Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Transfering stuff over Bluetooth is a nice fast way to transfer stuff phone to phone.

(Full disclosure: I am biased since both of my apps were created for making that process easier and more stable. :) )

Specifically though, if I had to guess the issue is with the implementation of the profiles and/or driver is not correct/stable/incompatible for ftp. I've seen this on a lot of phones/ROMs. Some profiles (a2dp, obex, ftp, etc) have inconsistent reliability over different Android phones/roms/kernels. This is especially true for low level Bluetooth connections by different platforms/OS (such as connecting your phone to your Windows computer). This could easily be Windows fault too for having an incomplete/proprietary implementation of a Bluetooth SIG profile.

Anyways Android supports a more common profile called rfcomm/spp that seems much more reliable to me anyways (it's what I use in my apps). But that only works Android phone -> Android phone.

I'd ask the ROM/kernel hackers/devs who make whatever you're running on your phone if they have seen issues that you are seeing. Or, try some different method of transfer (a different app, or wifi, etc).

Also would help to know what you're trying to connect with and if you're using a custom kernel.

Anyways, hope that's helpful and not too promotional sounding (or too much restating the obvious).

6. wolfe69

wolfe69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am on a Droid 2 with Liberty 1.5 and a stock kernal. I am wanting to be able to transfer files by bluetooth from phone to phone. I drive semi for a living and need to share info often but don't always have a computer or wifi available. Bluetooth is FAR more common out here than either wifi or computer/laptop.

7. GeLopez

GeLopez Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Get root explorer then you can hold and send to bluetooth. Must be paired to other phone first.

Pm me if you have questions, I'm typing from phone now.

Search tags for this page
android bluetooth file transfer hacker app
bluetooth android to iphone
bluetooth file hack
bluetooth file manager hacking software for android
bluetooth file transfer v3.10 hack for android

bluetooth filetransfer hack

droid razr tell bluetooth to accept file transfer
how to hack bluetooth ftp androis
spp send file bluetooth
transfer xt912 bluetooth