Bluetooth drops connection

RedDawgEsq

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but here goes. Please redirect me if appropriate.

My Droid 2 Global keeps dropping the connection with my Bluetooth Samsung WEP170 earpiece. When this happens (frequently) it seems spontaneous and spurious, i.e., I cannot correlate the dropping with any other activity, current or recent, I have had with the phone. When it happens, the earpiece still thinks it's connected because when I hold the "answer" button to reconnect, it first gives the two tone disconnect sound, then I have to hold again, get the single tone connect tone, and the phone's Bluetooth icon then "re-lights". This is happening 15-20 times a day. It's not a battery charge problem with the Samsung because it will ALWAYS reconnects and works for awhile throughout the whole day. What is wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks.

edlogan

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. My phone is a Droid 2 and I'm using a Plantronics Voyager PRO. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to reboot the phone. I have tried a different headset but it still ramdonly drops the bluetooth connection.
Ed

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of variables in this, most notably the headset itself and what version of firmware it has on board. I use a Blueant V series and have had zero issues with it not remaining paired. I'd recommend you check the manufacturer's website for a firmware update.

Papaw314

Reaction score
Happens several times an hour while streaming music or on voice calls. Resumes several seconds later. Tried 3 different bt devices with same results. Anybody else have this problem? Suggestions?