Bluetooth disconnects on incoming call

afbeefcake

Reaction score
So yesterday I had my D3 connected to my sony XAV-70BT by blue tooth.

My wife called me and the phone disconnected from my radio. i had to anwers the call on the phone and swich to speacker phone.

Now I have made an out going call thought my radio with my d3 and it worked good.

anyone have any idears on things to check? I have not gotten an other incomming call yet so not sure if it was a one time thing or not.

Also my D1 worked with the same radio incoming and outgoing.

crhbobby

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem with the blue tooth connection to my car.

I have an 09 Hyundai Genesis sedan. It randomly disconnects. My old LG Touch never disconnected. The Droid 3 has disconnected about 3-4 times. When I try to reconnect it - it just says Connection Failed. I had no issue until I changed phones.

Also - after the "failure" - when I get an incoming call - I cannot answer it. I click on Blue Tooth to turn it on and off...no luck. Still won't let me hear the person.

Has anyone experienced this? I am quite aggravated about it dropping the connection.

Bob

OP
A

afbeefcake

Reaction score
I was able to answer the call when it disconnected.

Today it disconnected with out a call coming in.
I checked the phone and it showed that is was still connected, but radio showed no connection. I disconnected the phone and it would not reconnect to the radio.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I know this won't help, but this has never happened with my Droid or my wife's Ally. This is with our Moto BT headsets or our Chevy Cruze BT. I was getting excited about an upgrade to the D3, but after playing with it a little at the store and reading some of the problems, I think I'll just keep my OG Droid. At least it works without any major problems.

lhn5

Reaction score
Audi

So yesterday I had my D3 connected to my sony XAV-70BT by blue tooth.

My wife called me and the phone disconnected from my radio. i had to anwers the call on the phone and swich to speacker phone.

Now I have made an out going call thought my radio with my d3 and it worked good.

anyone have any idears on things to check? I have not gotten an other incomming call yet so not sure if it was a one time thing or not.

Also my D1 worked with the same radio incoming and outgoing.

Mine has done the same thing with my Audi. Altoghether it happened about 4 or 5 times. Spoke to Verizon level 2...they said get a new phone. Went to the store...they said no its my car. Spoke to level 2 again (different person) and they changed some software settings at their end. Also now I am turning off bluetooth when I am not in my car...this will also save battery. I am spoke to Audi and they say that they can update my car bluetooth software in a few days. Since the changes were made it only happened once but then was able to reconnect right away when I turned bluetooth off and on at the time. Guess these are the hazards of early adoption of a new phone. I have until a week from today to get a new phone if it seems like I need one. Any comments or news very welcome.

OP
A

afbeefcake

Reaction score
I went and unpaired my wifes DX from my radio so now it only lists the D3 and so far it works.

I got a call the other day and it all worked like it should. Will see if it stays working.

bachbaron

Reaction score
Disconnect from Car Stereo 2009 Chevy Silverado

I am having the same issues. I can pair the Droid 3 with the Bluetooth with the truck stereo but on incoming calls, it drops connectivity between handset and truck after about 3 minutes. I called Verizon level 2 support 3 times and after the battery pull, changing network to CDMA from global, and deleting all other paired devices, it still happens. VZ finally referred me to Motorola support. They suggested doing a factory reset on the phone. I am going to try tonight. Quite disappointed though as every other Android phone i have owned has never had this problem. Maybe an issue with Gingerbread? Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

lhn5

Reaction score
droid 3 and bluetooth

I have had intermittent problems at least once a day with bluetooth disconnecting from Audi but the call doesn't disconnect. I tried removing battery, factory reset, Verizon reconfigred my number on their side of level 2 whatever that means. I went to Audi but that software for bluetooth is up to date. LEvel 2 told me that they could not tell whether this was a compatability issue or the phone itself so I should get a new D3 and see. The new D3 was a complete piece of junk and dropped 90% of calls no matter what I did. Level 2 and in store could not help so I am just sending that back and will live with the bluetooth issue in the originial phone which may be resolved with software updates on the D3 OR Audi side. The bluetooth did disconnect once with the 2nd phone so I think it is compatability not just my phone. Other than bluetooth issue the first phone worked fine.

ea3421

Reaction score
I have the same exact bluetooth issue with a 2009 audi a5.

boaterT

Reaction score
Just bought a Driod 3 and I have a Genesis. Bluetooth drops every 5 to 15 minutes. Taking the phone back. Didn't happen with my BB or my previous phone. It's the Driod 3

BillB

Reaction score
Make sure Auto Answer is OFF

I have a Droid 3 Global and use Blue Tooth in my car via HandsLink. I could make Outgoing Calls but Incoming Calls would ring and then disconnect and not play through my radio speakers. (I could hear the person's voice very dimly.)
This was fixed by going to Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Auto Answer and turning Auto Answer OFF. Hope this helps...