Bluetooth contacts limit to car contacts of 1000

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
My car only syncs 1000 contacts and my phone has 1400 so some contacts don't show in car and can't be added by name to speed dial
I found an old article that says cars only sync from device not Gmail and to have you device contacts be less than 1000 but I checked some of my Gmail only contacts show in the car so that must have been for older car Bluetooth.
Besides deleting contacts below 1000 on phone is there a way to filter only the contacts I want to the car Bluetooth contacts?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If your vehicle manufacturer limits their Bluetooth system to 1000 Contacts I don't think there is any app, or Setting, on your phone that is going to change your vehicle Bluetooth system settings. Have you contacted the vehicle manufacturer Tech Support and asked them if there is a way to sync more than 1000?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If your vehicle manufacturer limits their Bluetooth system to 1000 Contacts I don't think there is any app, or Setting, on your phone that is going to change your vehicle Bluetooth system settings. Have you contacted the vehicle manufacturer Tech Support and asked them if there is a way to sync more than 1000?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
In old cars it only synced device contacts so you could set the car ones to device and the estimate to gmail but the improvement that it can now see Gmail is good and bad as it now tries to sync them all which is over a thousand and misses some but yet it can do the Gmail. One step forward to the side and back :(

I also notice that Verizon cloud backup contacts seem to count as duplicate read only contacts that make the number double possibly. Still researching . If anybody has a solution besides the calling the car manufacturer, which usually can't help for things like this, but I'll try calling them ....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk