Bluetooth Contact List to Garmin GPS

Herb

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully uploaded their Contact List to a Garmin GPS when pairing? My RAZR worked flawlessly, but the new Droid will not load the Contact List into the unit. I find it disturbing that the "Flag Ship" of the Motorola cell phones doesn't function on the simplest of features.

JayMonster

Reaction score
A quick look at the Garmin site shows that not all phone (including unfortunately at this point the Droid) are compatible. The Razr has been around for 5 years, so it would stand to reason that Garmin would make it compatible, and in time, the Droid probably will be too.

Your assumption that the fault is with the Droid, but that is not the case, since there is a specific compatibility list for the Garmin devices.

Find Bluetooth®-enabled phones compatible with your Garmin GPS | Garmin

OP
H

Herb

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I never considered it wouldn't work when all the reviews had such glowing write-ups. So much for an assumption.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I never considered it wouldn't work when all the reviews had such glowing write-ups. So much for an assumption.

It is unfortunately (I think) a case of Bluetooth not being quite as mature as we (most people that is) believe it to be. The fact is that there are compatibility issues even within what is supposed to be "standard"

I had the same problem with a Bluetooth Stereo Headset I had purchased to use with the Droid.

RJP3579

Reaction score
I paired my Motorola Droid with my Garmin Zumo and it works fine. I can pull up my contacts and call history from my Zumo.

OP
H

Herb

Reaction score
Got my Droid, Contact List working with my StreetPilot 2820. The connection upload (acceptance) line for the file for the Contact List was under the top bar and I missed it. Once I pulled the top bar down to see messages I was able to activated the file transfer to the GPS and everything works great. I saw the Droid isn't supported by Garmin products according to their website and the Motorola response was:

*Message Quote*

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola.
Regarding your concern, we regret to inform you that the Android cell phone series do not have the Bluetooth profile required to transfer data from the device.
We look forward to assisting you in the future.
For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.hellomoto.com/
Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Maybe the guy didn't understand the problem or needs to move on to McDonald's.

Tarmin

Reaction score
Droid X and Garmin Nuvi 660

I followed Herbs revelation and now the Droid X and the Nuvi works on all features. My old Razr V3M didn't have the text ability but had all the other features when bluetoothing to Nuvi 660.

Thanks Herb you nailed this one....!!
:yr1: