Bluetooth bug in Froyo?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by slainte0317, Aug 14, 2010.

1. slainte0317

slainte0317 New Member

I noticed on two Froyo ROMs (Droid 1) that my hands free bluetooth link "wakes" the phone when initiating the dialing from the bluetooth device (in this case, it's my Acrua) and brings it out of the lock screen. That's not a good thing when the phone in your pocket, since the screen is now able to take touch input. I've seen this on the stock FRG01 ROM from metiCkOne and now on Sapphire 1.0. Anyone else seeing this on these or any other ROMs or the official OTA update? Not sure if this is a Froyo bug in general, or with some other app I am running. (also using LauncherPro Plus and DialerOne, if that makes a difference). Any input would be greatly appreciated!
  2. slainte0317

slainte0317 New Member

Anyone run into this? Please let me know if calls initiated or received while on the lock screen, wakes up the phone and move you to the dial pad.
  3. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

My Droid is stock, with Android 2.2. Not rooted, no roms. It does the same thing and never did on 2.1. If I want to keep it in my pocket, I have to take it out, make the BT call, turn the screen off and put it back. A major pain. I hope Vzw/Google get this fixed soon.
  4. giant25

giant25 New Member

I second this. I used BT alot and when I initiate a call from my Jawbone Prime, the Droid screen turns on, unlocks, and dials a call. My phone even vibrates when the phone unlocks, probably haptic feedback. I'm not a fan of it either.
  5. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

I found one solution and another possible solution. The first is Screen Suite, available in the Android market. It allows you to lock the screen during phone calls. It is a setting and you don't have to do it with every call. If you need to unlock then just swipe like the way you answer a call. I tried it and it prevents any icons from being activated. It is $2, but there is a 2 day free trial version available. I downloaded the free one and might buy it, but I want to test it some more tomorrow. The screen is still left on, but nothing can be activated, so keeping in a pocket is not a problem.

The second solution is a case. I will look at the Verizon leather slip case tomorrow. It is $10 on the Verizon web site, but I will check on it at the store. Since touching the screen with a material, like a case liner does nothing, it will prevent any icons from being pushed. It seems like a pocket with a thin layer of material to the skin still allows icons to be pushed. I did an experiment with a cotton T-shirt. I could activate icons through 1 layer of cotton, but not through 2 layers. Even if the screen is on, keeping the phone in a case (or purse for the ladies) will not cause a problem. I can't be completely sure that this will work because some materials might activate the icons. I just tried a leather glove and I cannot activate any icons with it on my hand.
  6. slainte0317

slainte0317 New Member

Ah, thanks for the info OldFart. I was wondering if mine was a ROM issues (or dialerone), so thanks for the clarification on what you are running. I'll definitely try the app route since I already have an otterbox case. My brother just got the Droidx yesterday, gonna see if he has the same problem. Guessing he will. I don't really mind paying for apps I like, but $2 to fix a bug is stupid...but might be worth it if the fix is a long way off.