Bluetooth Battery Level Indicators

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Anyone have a phone that has this functionality as part of their manufacturers launcher? Anyone with stock Android looking forward to seeing something like this in their Status Bar area? Sounds like a good idea in my humble opinion. My Bluetooth headset will speak my battery life in my ear with a quick button press, but would be nice to see my BT speaker's battery level on my phones display.

Bluetooth Battery Level Indicators are Finally Coming to Android
Bluetooth Battery Level Indicators are Finally Coming to Android

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
My lg tone headset and both my v20 and g6 show the battery level of my lg headset.

Nothing else, I'd love this feature to be a standard android feature.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can definitely see some value in this. My question is will it work with any BT device, or only newer ones? I suppose even my older BT devices will still have an indicator of low battery, so the hardware and software to do this must be in there somewhere.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I can definitely see some value in this. My question is will it work with any BT device, or only newer ones? I suppose even my older BT devices will still have an indicator of low battery, so the hardware and software to do this must be in there somewhere.

definitely a good question. I am sitting here trying to figure out how it will read the power level on devices that does not have a meter. wonder if it guesstimate the level for those devices.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
definitely a good question. I am sitting here trying to figure out how it will read the power level on devices that does not have a meter. wonder if it guesstimate the level for those devices.
Maybe like this:

...an application that subscribes to the ACTION_BATTERY_LEVEL_CHANGED broadcast intent will be notified when the connected device’s battery level has changed. With a broadcast receiver, an application that is listening for changes in the connected Bluetooth device’s battery state will be notified when the battery level has changed, so there will be no need to implement a persistent background polling service of any kind. This value is sent as an integer between 0 and 100%...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rachael Alice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lenovo vibe k6
Nice thought and I also want this for my battery level indicator.