1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bluetooth audit issue

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by E36M3, Mar 18, 2011.

1. E36M3

E36M3 New Member

Running 5.1 and my phone won't connect to my car radio and play music through bluetooth. The hands free phone still works through bluetooth but it won't stream music. Any ideas?? Am I an idiot that is missing a setting somewhere? Yes "enable bluetooth" was selected on pandora and btunes. My radio says "audio disconnected", however when I switch to use the phone it's all ready to go. Is there two different bt "connections", one for audio and one for the phone? I'm not the most tech savvy in the world so trying to diagnose the problem is getting the best of me.
  2. Admiral_Ackbar6

Admiral_Ackbar6 New Member

Your car must support the A2DP protocol. My genesis coupe does not, so I can make calls and such using Bluetooth for voice, but for music and other sounds, I need to use a physical cable.
  3. E36M3

E36M3 New Member

I have a kenwood headunit and it used to work. I haven't used that function in a while though so I'm not sure if it's a 5.1 problem or something else. I forget what version of SS I was using the last time I actually listened to BT audio in the car. I've been sticking to satellite and ipod lately.
  4. E36M3

E36M3 New Member

Ha, I just noticed that the title says audit instead of audio..... I guess tax season is taking it's toll on me
  5. E36M3

E36M3 New Member

I figured it out. there is another sub menu under the bt settings and you have to select Play BT audio in addition to bt phone
  6. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Thanks for posting this back - I don't use BT at all, so I really didn't know ...
  7. Tshing02

Tshing02 New Member

I'm using a Jabra Cruiser. I have just the opposite problem.. Pairs and says connected to media audio but phone audio will not connect. This problem started upon putting in clean install of CM7 RC2. Since SS5.1 is based off it I continue to have it. I first thought it was a kernel problem but now using The best kernels available by Chevy it continues. Leads me to think that the problem is in the new Bluetooth share app 2.3.4 I think. I want to go back to 2.3.3 but don't know how. I know that version worked. Any suggestions? Yes I have tried to just connect to phone audio but it wont. Only connects to media audio in the submenu.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. tbrents

tbrents New Member

I am having similar issues - not being able to get it to connect since switching to ss5.1 - however I can occasionally get them to connect but when I do the sound is choppy and not intelligible at all...
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
Search tags for this page

bluetooth audit

call audit on bluetooth galaxy s3
how to pair htc dna to genesis coupe
subs wont play on bluetooth