Bluetooth audio?

Eschurr

Reaction score
Am i correct that the S3 does not support Bluetooth audio? Will it ever?

mike0164

Reaction score
You are incorrect. I stream music on my S3 via BT in my car all the time. Unfortunately, my car does not understand the USB protocols the S3 uses. I have the Verizon version.

applemac

Reaction score
It is giving me a very hard time. I think S-Voice owns the phone! LOL And I don't think she has learned English very well either! Some of the results I get are comical. I asked her to call Rite Aid Pharmacy today. She said "If you are interested in searching for rites of passage..." What the heck! Tried again and she said, "Let me do an internet search for an answer to call Rite Aid Pharmacy" Yeah? Why don 't you just CALL Rite Aid Pharmacy? Call Laurie Fike...Lori Pike? Had to change her name on my phone! Maybe it will get better. One can only hope.

applemac

Reaction score
It is giving me a very hard time. I think S-Voice owns the phone! LOL And I don't think she has learned English very well either! Some of the results I get are comical. I asked her to call Rite Aid Pharmacy today. She said "If you are interested in searching for rites of passage..." What the heck!&nbsp; Tried again and she said, "Let me do an internet search for an <em>answer to call Rite Aid Pharmacy</em>"&nbsp;&nbsp; Yeah? Why don 't you just CALL Rite Aid Pharmacy?&nbsp;&nbsp; Call Laurie Fike...Lori Pike? Had to change her name on my phone! Maybe it will get better. One can only hope. <br>

OP
E

Eschurr

Reaction score
You are incorrect. I stream music on my S3 via BT in my car all the time. Unfortunately, my car does not understand the USB protocols the S3 uses. I have the Verizon version.

i guess that confirms the phone can support BT audio, but i can't get it to work with my BMW, even though the BMW website says it supports that function that phone.

I hate all this incompatibility crap.

and i hate the fact that the iPhone seems to do all this well. I really don't want to buy one.

music life

Reaction score
I use mine in my truck. Altho I had to buy a fm transmitter bc my truck is old as dirt. Still works tho.

mike0164

Reaction score
If you have issues streaming audio, I would highly recommend to unpair the phone from the car, then try to pair it up again. This time, wait for the phone to ask if you want to give permission for it to stream the music. The request will only last a few seconds, so don't look away long. Many people having this problem did not accept this request in time the first time they paired the phone. BTW, this is an Android thing, not specific to the SIII. And as they say, YMMV.

applemac

Reaction score
Get Cyberon Voice Commander. It works. For calling. Not opening music files, voice texting, or telling you the weather. But, by gosh, it lets you make and receive calls HANDS FREE BABY! :icon_ banana:

wcjeep

Reaction score
No problem streaming music to my 2012 Stock Honda Civic, wife's Alpine stereo and my Moto S10 headset.

OP
E

Eschurr

Reaction score
If you have issues streaming audio, I would highly recommend to unpair the phone from the car, then try to pair it up again. This time, wait for the phone to ask if you want to give permission for it to stream the music. The request will only last a few seconds, so don't look away long. Many people having this problem did not accept this request in time the first time they paired the phone. BTW, this is an Android thing, not specific to the SIII. And as they say, YMMV.

Thanks. i've unpaired and paired it a few times and i did it again in response to your suggestion. it tells me that the phone only supports "Phone audio." I know my car supports Bluetooth audio for music and it works with iPhones.

Man, i really want this to work. It kills me that iPhones work smoothly in these areas!