1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bluetooth audio

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by AceDROID, Feb 18, 2012.

1. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

Does anyone else experience the fact that notification sounds don't go through their bluetooth? I have a jawbone icon, and I can evenlisten to my music using it, but calls and notifications don't go through it even though it says its connected to phone audio and media.. it can't be just a motorola thing, since my thunderbolt sent the audio through it.. what gives? =(

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
  2. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

I meant ring tones, not calls. I can still talk on it, but that's it.

3. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

Noone else seems to have this issue? Or is it normal for the phone? I really thought that it would work flawless as it did on my thunderbolt, which is really upsetting.

Also, on a side note, while on a call (using bluetooth), the handcent option to make a sound on call doesn't go through the bluetooth either. This phone can't have a really crappy bluetooth radio, can it..?

4. NiteCloak

NiteCloak New Member

How much of that pass-thru audio technology is driven by the phone and how much by the headset tho'?

I have a Motorola H715 bluetooth earpiece and about all I can do with that is rx/tx calls. With my old HTC Droid Eris that was ALL it would do, but I notice now with my Droid4 that if I double tap the larger receive-call button it will prompt me with a voice to ask for a command which is definitely driven by the Droid because it never did that with my Eris.
  5. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

Well, if there's a technology 'lack' on either end, its definitely on the phone's side. I used my Icon on my thunderbolt, and the notifications, ringtones, it all went through the bluetooth. For some reason it won't go through on my droid 4.

The reason I don't understand it is because going into my google music, I can listen to my songs fine through the bluetooth, so why not the ringers and notification sounds? The only thing I can think of would be that my old thunderbolt classed the ringers and notification sounds as media, and the droid 4 does not, which I know wouldn't be an android issue as much as it would be a hardware flaw? Well, I call it a flaw, anyways. :mad:

Search tags for this page
how to bluetooth headphones to hp touchpad rooted
how to bluetooth songs to hp touchpad
how to plat music on bluetooth on hp touchpad android
hp touchpad android 4.0 ice cream sandwich car bluetooth

hp touchpad ics bluetooh audio settings

jawbone icon droid razr playing ringtones through headset