Bluetooth audio stopped working?

9huyna1

Reaction score
Hey guys,
This just happened to me the other day. Up until about one or two days ago, the bluetooth audio through my car has been working perfectly. Out of nowhere, it just stopped working. Well, it works....but I have to turn the volume up to about 35 which is LOUD; and even then I hear mostly just a whole bunch of static. Any idea what's up? :mad: I bought the bluetooth adapter for my car just for my old phone, so if I can't get this to work, it'd be a total waste!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to turn up the media volume on your handset. If the volume is low on your handset, you'll have to turn the volume WAY up on your receiver to hear anything.

OP

9huyna1

Reaction score
Hahaha thanks for your input, but I've tried putting it to the max already...it's just like it's barely getting the signal

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, this isn't exactly the same as your situation, but close. I use a Sony [FONT=&quot]DRBT100CX Ear Bud and about a week after it performing flawlessly, it stopped and would not pair. I had to delete the pairing and pair it again. It's worked great since. You might try that - delete and re-pair.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

OP

9huyna1

Reaction score
Well, this isn't exactly the same as your situation, but close. I use a Sony [FONT=&quot]DRBT100CX Ear Bud and about a week after it performing flawlessly, it stopped and would not pair. I had to delete the pairing and pair it again. It's worked great since. You might try that - delete and re-pair.[/FONT]
Ahhhh I've tried doing that too :mad: I sat in my car for a good err..horrible hour trying to solve this. There's not too many bluetooth options to toy with :/

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I assume you've tried something as basic as doing a battery pull?

Also, will the phone pair and work with any other bluetooth device? Try a headset?

OP

9huyna1

Reaction score
Yes, I have tried a battery pull; I'll try another headset as soon as I get home haha

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well that will at least help you narrow down the problem - is it the phone or the car.

Good luck and be sure to let us know what happens.

OP

9huyna1

Reaction score
Haha thanks. Also, I just noticed this...but yesterday I had two "Messaging" apps. I thought it was just a fluke, but now I have two Market apps and two Gmail apps...