Bluetooth Audio Problems!!

JasonT1124

Reaction score
Hello,

I have searched and found a million threads on low bluetooth volume, but it seems like most people can hear their bluetooth devices, they are simply just not happy with their maximum volume.

I have a different problem, it seems. I have an HTC Droid Incredible and I have it paired to my Kenwood KDC-BT945U car stereo. While streaming Pandora or while in-call i have almost no audio! If I crank my stereo to the max, i can BARELY hear a whisper of music.

I have done the following to remedy the problem (with no success):
1. made sure all volume settings are maxed out on the phone itself. I have used the volume rocker, and third party volume control apps to ensure all the volume settings are at their maximum.

2. disconnected, receonnected, unpaired, repaired, ect.

3. Reset stereo

4. Reset phone

5. searched for hours on numerous forums.

my blackberry bluetooth audio worked great with this stereo, and sounded fine. Please tell me there is a fix for this!!

Sal R.

Reaction score
I warrantied my last DInc where it couldn't even "see" BT devices where my wife's DInc could.

That being said, my replacement works just fine now. BT media audio is just a few "ticks" away from FM radio volume when I switch to the BT aux audio source.

Know anyone else w/ a DInc you can test your stereo with?

OP
J

JasonT1124

Reaction score
That's a great idea. My coworkers has one, I will test it today

I did buy the phone lightly used though, is this something Verizon will still warranty?

OP
J

JasonT1124

Reaction score
Just tested with my friends phone. Same issue. Must be on the Kenwood side of things.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Sal R.

Reaction score
I did buy the phone lightly used though, is this something Verizon will still warranty?

Yup. Got mine heavily used and it was warrantied.

First time was when the touchscreen acting up (bad trackpad, known issue).

Second time was for the BT issue.

froader

Reaction score

Yup. Got mine heavily used and it was warrantied.

First time was when the touchscreen acting up (bad trackpad, known issue).

Second time was for the BT issue.

I am in the same boat.
Verizon told me that the warranty wasn't transferrable.

Who did you warranty with and how did you do it?
THANKS!

Sal R.

Reaction score
I am in the same boat.

THANKS!

Just took mine into my local VZW store, waited in line, and explained the situation. I didn't even have to ask for a manager.

froader

Reaction score
I am in the same boat.

THANKS!

Just took mine into my local VZW store, waited in line, and explained the situation. I didn't even have to ask for a manager.

Thanks for the info. All my experience with smartphones is that the store wont touch them and tell you to call tech support. Maybe this has changed since Android. I got the DINC off Ebay and have had less than a month. So far I really like it and I was able to get BT Audio on my Pioneer head unit to work.
FYI, Telephone worked on BT but not BT Audio - it just wouldn't pair. So I put it on BT Audio source and started the pairing process. Right in the middle of searching for devices I toggled the Media Audio check box on the DINC for the Pioneer device and all of a sudden it paired and has been working ever since. Pioneer just told me that the DINC was incompatible...

UNC

Reaction score
I am in the same boat.

THANKS!

Thanks for the info. All my experience with smartphones is that the store wont touch them and tell you to call tech support. Maybe this has changed since Android. I got the DINC off Ebay and have had less than a month. So far I really like it and I was able to get BT Audio on my Pioneer head unit to work.
FYI, Telephone worked on BT but not BT Audio - it just wouldn't pair. So I put it on BT Audio source and started the pairing process. Right in the middle of searching for devices I toggled the Media Audio check box on the DINC for the Pioneer device and all of a sudden it paired and has been working ever since. Pioneer just told me that the DINC was incompatible...

Verizon took back two droids from me and a car charger, exchanged them on the spot on every occasion.

Just had to sign a reciept.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

alil2cul4u

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, however did you ever happen to try an update on your stereo? All you need is a bluetooth capable laptop or be able to get your bluetooth from your desktop to pick up your stereo and go to the kenwood site for the update and software to update it. It takes maybe 7 minutes to update, we used it with a Droid X, a DInc and a HTC Evo... Works fine with the newest 3.12 update. Also, check the the Bluetooth HF /Audio is on All not front!