Bluetooth Audio doesn't work in my truck

davgus

Reaction score
I can't get my new Droid Razr Maxx HD to work in my Toyota Tundra. It appears to connect and the phone works but the audio won't work through my radio. My Droid X works just fine.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
I can't get my new Droid Razr Maxx HD to work in my Toyota Tundra. It appears to connect and the phone works but the audio won't work through my radio. My Droid X works just fine.

Have you switched on your phone's bluetooth Media Audio setting?

Do this:

Go to Settings => Bluetooth => Tap Bluetooth => Tap on the Gear in the Paired Device list for your Tundra => Checkmark the box for Media Audio: Use for media audio

OP
D

davgus

Reaction score
Yes, I did that. It works fine in my wife's Highlander.

turbodave

Reaction score
Maybe your trucks volume control is multi function like mine. That is to say, its control of radio volume is separate from navigation volume, and separate from bluetooth volume. I could have a comfortable listening level on my radio, and when there's bluetooth audio present it can be turned up or all the way down.
When you suspect there should be bluetooth audio present in your speakers, try turning up the volume.

OP
D

davgus

Reaction score
It's getting more frustrating. Now it works some of the time but not all the time.