1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

bluetooth app

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by DelawareHunter, May 27, 2011.

1. DelawareHunter

DelawareHunter New Member

I bought a motorola bluetooth last week and it is supposed to announce who's calling and also read text messages back to you through an app called Motospeak, however that app doesn't work on android 2.3 or newer... or so says the settings on the app's settings screen.

SO, does anyone know of an app out there that would do what Motospeak is supposed to do, or is there anyone that is smart enough to maybe fix this app?
  2. lexridge

lexridge New Member

First, some people have been have problems with the Bluetooth talkback on this build. I, however am not one of them. :)

Did you run the DSP audio script in the Chevy Tools menu? You MUST do that first, then reboot. If you have a DSP icon in your APPs section, you will need to run the script.

Then, the BT volume defaults to VERY LOW, so you will most likely need to turn it up considerable before you even hear anything.

And sadly, it still may still not work. It did for me, and several others, but not for Chevy and at least one other person.

Good luck!
    Lex
  3. DelawareHunter

I did have the DSP Manager, I will disable it through the script and see what happens. Thanks for the response!
  4. DelawareHunter

Hmm... so, even after running the script, I still dont get any BT prompts... :(...

So there isn't a fix for this at all, other than going back to a previous version of SS?
  5. listenman20

listenman20 New Member

have you tried the one they mentioned in teh other thread about going into settings/ voice input and output/ text-to-speech settings and download the voice recognition files?
  6. DelawareHunter

I searched the apps for other people having bluetooth issues, but I didn't get any results that looked promising...

But now that I tried that, I seem to have the voice prompts back. So, it looks like that worked!

Thanks!
  7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Brilliant! This is the fix!
  8. DelawareHunter

I did want to mention that, I am still not getting caller ID announcements for some reason. Just says a phone call is incoming.

However, I am getting prompted when I hit the button on my blue tooth to "Speak Now", and it is also repeating when I say "Call <Wife's Name> Mobile". So that is half the battle. Now, just to get the Caller ID to announce.. :)
Search tags for this page
android app to read other peoples texts

app that lets you read other peoples text messages

app that lets you read others texts
can you see other peoples text messages using bluetooth
is there an android app to read other peoples texts

motospeak for android 2.3

read other peoples text messages app

reading other peoples texts app