Bluetooth annoyance

Cairo

Reaction score
If I have my BT earpiece within range the D2 acknowledges this. Good so far.

When a call comes in I can route the call through the BT or the speaker, but not the phone itself (holding the phone to your ear). Pretty annoying that there's no choice for this.

So if the earpiece is not readily available, I have to answer with speakerphone.

Is this some default that I can de-select, maybe?

revision

Reaction score
when you answer the call there's a toggle for bluetooth in the lower left corner of the screen displayed immediately after answering.

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
Right, but it's not a on/off thing that allows you to use the phone in a standard manner (phone to ear). You can select BT, or select Mute, or select Speaker. No 4th selection for phone-to-ear.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for taking the time to reply and post that image also. Very cool of you.

revision

Reaction score
I just went out to the truck and tested, it seems to react the same way it did on my d1, i had one attempt where if i hit bluetooth to turn it off it went to speaker and then i hit speaker and it went to phone. So it might not be perfect but you should be able to flip to handset without speakerphone. I'm just going off my setup though, but do you have a second headset you can test with by chance?

If none of the bottom 3 are lit, it should be playing in ear, if any are lit, touch them to turn them off. See if that helps.

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
You are EXACTLY right! I just called myself and BT is the default. It is hilited. Hitting it turns BT off, and the other choices (mute and speaker) did not light up. The phone went to "ear" mode. just as you said.

Thanks for clearing this up! I should have fiddled with this more before complaining...

Thanks again for being so generous with your time.