Bluetooth and portable speakers issue

msharpe

Reaction score
Have purchased both iHome and Phillips bluetooth enabled portable speakers for my office. I was able to pair my Droid Raxr Maxx HD to each device fine but neither would stream from the speakers, only from the phone. I purchased the iHome first and when, after trying multiple times to find a fix, took it back thinking something may have been wrong with it but then had the same issue with Phillips. My wife's iPhone worked fine with both. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

pdoyle

Reaction score
Have purchased both iHome and Phillips bluetooth enabled portable speakers for my office. I was able to pair my Droid Raxr Maxx HD to each device fine but neither would stream from the speakers, only from the phone. I purchased the iHome first and when, after trying multiple times to find a fix, took it back thinking something may have been wrong with it but then had the same issue with Phillips. My wife's iPhone worked fine with both. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I believe there are two steps to the successful process; pairing (which your Razr remembers after you set it up), and connection (which needs initiation each time after you have disconnected from the bluetooth speaker. E.g. I have paired my Razr with a headset, my car stereo, and now a portable speaker; only one of which can be connected at any given time. I don't know if it's a device issue; but Santa brought me a TDK Life on Record A33 Wireless Weatherproof Speaker which was so easy to pair/connect to, and the sound quality and volume and bass is so amazing! Much less expensive and IMO better sound than much higher-priced brands. Plus its built-in microphone allows bluetooth speaker phone for phone calls. Amazing.
hope this helps

jimmythegent

Reaction score

Already having issues? Welcome to the club. For the past few days my 4G icon just disappears and I have no data, why? Who knows. I will most likely be told on here that "its defective"/