1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bluetooth acesspoint = tethering ?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by davefred99, Aug 21, 2010.

1. davefred99

davefred99 New Member

I just set up my laptop and new Droid2 for bluetooth and stumbled on something.
    There is bluetooth option or profile for Bluetooth Access point. When I connect my laptop to my D2 via this option I can surf the web and check my emails. Its sort of slow and I did some speedtests and get figures like .31/.45 mbps. Not exactly full 3g but it works. One thing that I noticed though is no matter what I do I can not use the bluetooth network access if unless I turn wifi off in my droid.
    I am wondering if this is just a fluke that verizon will soon plug or if its normal. I really do not want to pay $20 extra just to tether on a rare occasion and I like to do it wireless. I know there are other software solutions out there too like easytether and pdanet but they are not free apps.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

it works for me too on the DX. it might be patched in the future but for now go ahead and use it :)
Search tags for this page
access point bluetooth android
adding access points to bluetooth tether
android as bluetooth access point

android bluetooth access point

android bluetooth network access point
android tethering access point
bluetooth accese point for android
bluetooth access point android
bluetooth hotspot android
bluetooth network access point android
bluetooth network access point for android