Blueant T1 or S4?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I ran over my cheap BT headset this morning on the way out of the house. I found it's sad lifeless body on the garage floor when I pulled out the lawnmower.

Now I'm looking at replacing it. I know people love the T1, but the S4 intrigues me. I only ever use my headset when I'm driving, and not having to shove something in my ear would be nice.

Anyone have any experience with the S4? All of the negative reviews I can find are from people who were upset that the USB cable was a different size or the like. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went with the S4 -- so far, I'm very impressed. True hands-free is nice.

philzo

Reaction score
S4 and Droid2

So how long should it take to copy contacts frommy droid2 to my BlueAnt S4 device? After a couple of hours I killed it. I'm sure I don't have more than a couple hundred contacts. I also can't seem to get it to take phone commands. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So how long should it take to copy contacts frommy droid2 to my BlueAnt S4 device? After a couple of hours I killed it. I'm sure I don't have more than a couple hundred contacts. I also can't seem to get it to take phone commands. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

As of right now i don't think android accepts voice commands over BT. Sorry. Correct me if i am wrong Ltken.

philzo

Reaction score
Android does accept voice commands over BT because I was able to do so with a BT JawBone device.

philzo

Reaction score

of course, if my contacts never transferred completely, then phone commands such as call home will not work.

mrsejones72

Reaction score
I just bought the T1 and transferred my contacts over BT. It took all of 20 seconds for 168 contacts. I have am a Droid (1st Gen) user.

mrsejones72

Reaction score
Radio Shack

I'm in Hawaii and I bought my BlueAnt T1 from Radio Shack. Overpriced but the bluetooth in my car was getting on my nerves. Quick fix was to go back old school with a BT. It cost $89 here. Looked on the net and found them as low as $69.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It took about 5 minutes to transfter 200+ contacts over to the S4.

An yes, it accepts voice input over bluetooth. I can make and take calls without touching my phone or the device.

Bethany

Reaction score
A little late for the conversation, but I picked up the T1 and S4 the other day. T1 works perfectly every time. I love it and no annoying "BlueAnt, speak to me" command to start up. The S4 was a pain and I returned it a couple of days later. My Jabra Cruiser works much better despite having to pull over and dial manually or having one of kids do it for me.

The S4 would work wonderfully at times and then it wouldn't. It would pick up the voice dialer once or twice and the next time insist my phone didn't have the app. The volume down worked perfectly but the volume up wouldn't. Playing music was static and broke up. Having to say "Blueant, speak to me" everytime I wanted to do something was maddening. Great advertising on their part for that feature but it sucks to repeat it over and over.

It didn't help that Best Buy had the S4 for 99 dollars and when I got home found out Amazon.com had it for around 60. Best Buy was great about me returning it, gave me my money back and I ended up buying the external hard drive I really needed so I didn't lose out.

I think I just had more operator error problems with the S4 and not the unit itself, but I still wasn't impressed enough to keep working with it after a couple of days.

Hope that helps for anyone checking out the above BlueAnt products. If you get the S4 that works, it's great.

timmerman

Reaction score
No Handsfree for Me...

It took about 5 minutes to transfter 200+ contacts over to the S4.

An yes, it accepts voice input over bluetooth. I can make and take calls without touching my phone or the device.

Hi,

Like you, I got my address book loaded in a few minutes. The s4 connects easily to my phone; after I get to the "Phone Command" level, the s4 says something like, "Now accessing your phone's built in handsfree." Only it does not. If I manually press my Droid home button twice, THEN, I get handsfree interaction with the s4, for one phone call. Anyone else having an issue with the handsfree feature?

Thanks, in advance...dancedroid