Blue tint?

shanimal92

Reaction score
Whenever I look at the screen at a slight angle it looks blue and when I tilt even more it looks looks rainbow. If I tilt it even more its all black, anyone else getting that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Didn't notice that but white looks quite yellow (Google home page for example) next to my Bionic.

Riley

Reaction score
On a light colored screen yes. I figure its normal for this type screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
At certain angles, white seems more blue, but you gotta tilt it pretty far...I mean so far that it wouldn't make sense to read the screen at that angle. Screen is amazing though :hail:

oddllama

Reaction score
The whites of mine start turning blue at the slightest angles.

R

RETG

It's AMOLED, or so an engineer friend of mine explained to me when I commented about the Fascinate screen! Blue material used degrades faster so the mfgr increases the size of the blue sub pixel, which is larger than green (up to twice the size) and green in turn is larger than red. They say over time it will equallize out. Not sure if anyone ever keeps a phone long enough to find out if this is true.:D

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Mine gets a slight blue tint as I angle it. I really don't ever look at my screen at an angle though, at least not one extreme enough for the slight tint to be distracting. Also, I think my whites tend to look a bit greyish, idk... I can't really tell maybe it is more yellowish. LOL, I like the screen though, either way! Text is crisp, pictures and apps look great! Only thing that sometimes seems to look not so great is large areas of the same color eg. login screen on the skype app, the blue looks a little bit sketchy or something IDK how to explain it. Its just weird, but, not terrible.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amoled ftw....

Seriously..I really like Amoled screens now. But they do have cons. None have been deal breakers. Actually no screen yet had cons that were deal breakers that I've used. Its a trade off in some areas. I might prefer them over LCD's now. Have to see that LG Evolution 2 screen first. Heard its a good mix between LCD and Amoled.

Last edited:

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, I rented an iphone 4s, so got exposed to a very nice lcd screen. While it was nice, I still like the Galaxy Nexus screen... plus its way bigger, with far more vibrant colors! The iphone screen seemed more sharp but was small and kind of dull.

Also, even though I know this phone isn't about the iPhone, but the whole time I had it I was paranoid to drop it or set it down the wrong way with all that scratchable glass :blink: So... another reason why I like the nexus screen! it is curved, and won't scratch from setting it down on a table (at least as easily as a phone with a flat screen would i assume)

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
If i look at the screen head on its freaking amazing... but i dont to have to look at a screen directly at it to get a perfect picture. it there it any type i light color on the screen and its tilted it becomes noticeably blue in low light. and when auto brightness is on the screen is really grainy.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I was looking for, autobrightness seems wonky... making some things look grainy, so I usually just turn it off and keep brightness near minimum. Anybody have any idea whether autobrightness or keeping the screen at a constant 0 - 33% brightness would be better on battery?

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
well actually, does everyone haver this blue tint or just some? Im still returning just want to know if its just the screen.