Blue HTC One Pic Leaked & Verizon Probably Pushing Back HTC One Release Again!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-htc-one-blue.png

This afternoon we have good news and bad news. We are going to break with tradition and share the good news first. Above is supposedly the final leaked press shot of the new blue version of the HTC One on Verizon. Looks pretty snazzy doesn't it?

Now, for the bad news... We already had to share the news that Verizon pushed back the launch of the HTC One on their network. The last time the date supposedly firmly landed on August 15th. Now it looks like that "firm date" wasn't so firm at all. According to the latest intel, Big Red will be pushing the launch date of the device again! This time, the intel suggests it won't hit Verizon's shelves until August 29th.

Supposedly, the main reason Verizon is pushing it back again is they simply don't want another flagship device on their network so close to the launch of their new Droid series phones. By the time they decide it will be worth it, at that time it will no longer be worth it. :blink:

Update: Based upon some additional info which we will detail in a new story in just a bit, we find the launch date of August 29th to be very suspect so consider it pure rumor for now. It looks like we have a firm launch date of the Droid series and the Moto X because if a leaked doc. Story to follow...

Source: PhoneArena

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't that less only a week after the Droid series? And the Mini on the same day? The X should be near that timeframe as well... gotta love it!

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. I was interested in it until I played with it at the Sprint store a couple of days ago. If I watched movies on my phone then I would probably like the speakers, but I just didn't like the phone that much. I preferred the RAZR HD that I have played with, so I'm hoping that the Ultra series will be even better. Maxx or Mini. Haven't decided yet.

Malkavian

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of waiting. I'm up for an update and they keep pushing it back. The GS4 is the only thing with a comparable processor. I just don't like the quality of the construction, it feels cheap. Now I would most likely put it in an Otterbox so that would give it some more substance. I'm not sure if the front speakers is worth it to wait so long. Anyone know how the GS4 is in an Otterbox? Does it feel better?

Thanks.
Michael

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I like the One a lot. But I won't buy HTC again and I won't buy anything without an SD Card slot. My RAZR HD has one.
By the time this thing does land on Verizon, HTC will be launching... The Two. ;)

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I like the One a lot. But I won't buy HTC again and I won't buy anything without an SD Card slot. My RAZR HD has one.
By the time this thing does land on Verizon, HTC will be launching... The Two. ;)

SD card slots are becoming more and more rare. The OEM's want you to use cloud, for some reason they havent figured out the biggest phone company in the US doesnt offer unlimited data.....If the Note 3 still have an SD card slot, then there is still some hope. If they drop it and move to 16,32,64gb versions, then thats going to be the end soon enough.
Also unless the SD card slot can actually utilize the class 10's UHS1's speeds that are out(and support something higher then a 32gb). It will just slow you down. Right now i doubt they are even up to class 4-6 standards yet. I dont know. The option for an SD card slot is very valuable. It gives you options.

I have pics from my very first phone that had a camera. I love to keep them ALL on the phone(7GB). With 64gb I could, with 32gb I cant. They atleast need to move up to 64gb just for the option. Even a 36-38GB's would help. Then you would have 32gb to USE.

Malkavian

Reaction score
Apparently Verizon has decided to put the HTC One off again. This time until August 29th. I'm with PereDroid, by the time it comes out AT&T will have the HTC 2. I'm really seriously thinking of going with the Galaxy S4 I don't like the construction, but plan on the otter box around it for protection. I wonder if Verizon really wants to put HTC out of business by just not putting out thier phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
this seems similar to how Verizon handled the Galaxy Nexus launch....

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I think Google is paying Verizon to kill HTC. That blue is awesome though.