Blue Energy themed BB v.1.1

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
I see the OP state the Rom Manager install is Preferred. Why? Is it because it's simpler or more effective? Surely not because it's a paid app!!!

No, I don't get a cut of that..haha :)

Just easier to do.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
I cannot seem to remove handcent after installing your app pack, is there a way to do so? I prefer just having the default app.

If should be able to just uninstall from Applications in settings.

Or if not, you can go to whatever File manager you use and delete com.handcent.nextsms.apk in /system/app.

Or

type in terminal

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
rm /system/app/com.handcent.sms.apk

EDIT: There is a script for mounting in BB, but I can't remember what it is ATM

mjh68

Reaction score
I cannot seem to remove handcent after installing your app pack, is there a way to do so? I prefer just having the default app.

Did you try using root explorer.. navigating to system/app ..long press on handscent apk and deleting ? Might have to change permissions to r/w to delete .

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Can you theme the new launcher pro? It got updated. The selection background is yellow like stock instead of blue.

I like all the updates which means it's improving, but geez he's killing me..haha I might have to just make a MetaMorph if he keeps updating at this rate..

gszeman

Reaction score
EDIT: There is a script for mounting in BB, but I can't remember what it is ATM

sysrw
sysro
read/write and read only respectively.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome theme, LOVE the overall look but I'll admit even though blue is my favorite color I can't stand the phone/dial pad... other than that I looks awesome and run great (fyi for anyone wondering to works via SPRecovery). Thanks for the time and work on this.

Edit: one note though it apparently did not theme the Launcher, when I switch to it instead of the little bug head I have the standard small squares (no biggie as I use Helix 2 for now anyway). Thanks again for all the work.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Awesome theme, LOVE the overall look but I'll admit even though blue is my favorite color I can't stand the phone/dial pad... other than that I looks awesome and run great (fyi for anyone wondering to works via SPRecovery). Thanks for the time and work on this.

Edit: one note though it apparently did not theme the Launcher, when I switch to it instead of the little bug head I have the standard small squares (no biggie as I use Helix 2 for now anyway). Thanks again for all the work.

Thanks, I am actually with you. I am not in love with the dialer, but it was my first run at theming the dialer and it is a PITA. Seriously getting everything lined up is about the hardest thing I've done on the theme just about. I am goin to work on it again at some point, but I am working on a red theme about the color of your avatar and a green theme too. So if I get a good looking dialer I will color it for this one too.

Thanks for the feedback however, alot of this theme has gone in the direction of feedback from users on this forum and I want to continue that. Just like I have had alot of people ask for the red theme and I am not happy with any of them that are out right now, and even though I hate red and probably won't run it myself, people here have inspired me to make one that will hopefully rock anyways.

As far as the launcher, if you wiped for some reason Maps and LauncherPro don't work for some reason and if you install again then it themes, I have no idea why ATM.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
I could put in the regular blue dialer from say AdamZ's blue smoked glass if you want something more normal btw, PM me your email.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just post it in case anyone else wants to use it.

Last edited:
OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
4319542727_8f862204c9.jpg

If you want this dialer, install this .zip instead, it will apply this dialer and everything else included in the regular theme zip. Still apply app pack if you want the themed apps.

DOWNLOAD HERE

chomorro

Reaction score
4319542727_8f862204c9.jpg

If you want this dialer, install this .zip instead, it will apply this dialer and everything else included in the regular theme zip. Still apply app pack if you want the themed apps.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Darn cant download from the phone. Will get it tomorrow with the laptop.

Can this zip be applied over the other one with no issues? Of not how do you remove a theme if you ever needed to?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey buddy....your donate "HERE" link is not longer working.

It's working now, thanks for letting me know ;)
No worries....I'll be donating tomorrow.

Just an FYI....my battery life is the best it has every been. From 7am until 11pm, I had moderate to heavy use throughout the day. I used the music player at the gym, surfed the web, made calls and lots of texts and ended with a battery charge of 20%. By far the best I've had (and it's with the kernel you included).

I also had a problem receiving an MMS picture. I was able to send it, but couldn't receive one. I updated the Handcent and was finally able to receive the picture. Dunno what this means.

Thanks again bruther....

bolden88

Reaction score
can't get to install. I tried ROM Manager, install from SD card and it gave me an error and aborted. It then throws on the green screen that says ,reboot, factory wipe ...... So I paid for RM Premium and went to Rober, BB1.1, install Apps. did the back up, no wipe. It also aborted install. WHY?? Should I do a wipe? Afraid if I wipe then I will have nothing if it aborts. Excited to try.
Side note, I thought BB 1.1 had 9 screens? I still only have 5 can someone advise. Is it tied to the launcher?
Thanks

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
can't get to install. I tried ROM Manager, install from SD card and it gave me an error and aborted. It then throws on the green screen that says ,reboot, factory wipe ...... So I paid for RM Premium and went to Rober, BB1.1, install Apps. did the back up, no wipe. It also aborted install. WHY?? Should I do a wipe? Afraid if I wipe then I will have nothing if it aborts. Excited to try.
Side note, I thought BB 1.1 had 9 screens? I still only have 5 can someone advise. Is it tied to the launcher?
Thanks

1.) What error does it give you when it is trying to install. It will say error status '#" <--number for the error. Don't try wiping, it won't make a difference if it won't install for you. Let me download it from both sites real quick and see if I can duplicate your problem.

2. Are you using ClockworkMod Recovery or SPRecovery

3. If you are using SPRecovery are you renaming the .zip to "update.zip"

4. When given the choice for launchers choose "home" that is the one with 9 screens, "launcher" has 5 screens and "launcherpro" can have up to 7.