Blue contacts?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by shelbylynnm, Jul 4, 2012.

1. shelbylynnm

shelbylynnm New Member

Hello, I am a little confused because just recently some of my contacts have turned blue. I have a Samsung Droid Charge and have never really had a problem with it but just today when I click on my text messages a few of my message threads show up as being blue, for example: I have about 12 message threads going on and two contact names are highlighted in blue. So lets say of my 12 messages Brad and Steph are highlighted in blue. But the weird thing is that the blue will change to other names so now Brad and Steph turn normal and maybe three other contacts turn blue. Some people have said because I have an unread message but I know for a fact that I don't because when I do the whole message box is gray. Does anyone know why this is like this? Please help.
  2. wizardofyaz

wizardofyaz New Member

Me and my gf both have the Charge and our phones started doing this last night. A coworker has a Charge and her's is doing it as well. I would like to know what happened. The same time the phones started doing this we all got a text about a severe weather alert, not sure if related.
  3. wizardofyaz

wizardofyaz New Member

Ok we got it to stop showing the contacts in blue. Deleted the severe alert text and rebooted the phone by taking out battery.
  4. AllyD_Phx

AllyD_Phx New Member

Thanks so much for the info. That was totally messing with me. I tried just turning the phone off and back on, but that didn't work. Weird.
  5. MrQ

MrQ New Member

Same thing...it started today after a "severe weather alert" message. Deleted, reboot and so far it's fine. Wondering if there is some malware loaded?
  6. shelbylynnm

shelbylynnm New Member

Same thing happened to me. I got a severe weather report and that is when it started happening. I don't know why but it really just creeped me out
  7. JBrewer

JBrewer New Member

Hey folks, I highly doubt this is malware. Its amazing how tied in some apps can be to the system and/or other apps. A glitch like that may be annoying but doubt its malware. Glad the reboot took care of the issue :)

Sent from my SCH-I510
  8. AllyD_Phx

AllyD_Phx New Member

Does anyone know what app might be doing this??? I only have the Samsung issue "Daily Briefing" and Accuweather. I checked the settings of Accuweather and it has SMS alert disabled. It's annoying to have to keep shutting off my phone and deleting that stupid message. I can't reply STOP, either. Ugh.
  9. MrQ

MrQ New Member

In my case, it was due to message "alerts." Apparently emergency alerts can/will be sent to all cell phones regionally, such as weather or amber alerts. I was getting them every 30 to 45 minutes and it seemed to randomly change contacts in my messages to blue. I disabled the alerts (messaging-settings-emergency alerts-uncheck) and it worked, no more blue contacts.
Search tags for this page
blue contacts droid charge
blue contacts samsung
samsung android why are some texts blue
samsung charge text message blue
samsung droid charge blue text messages
why are my text messages blue samsung

why are some contacts blue android

why are some of my contacts blue

why are some of my contacts blue on my droid
why are some of my messages blue on android
why are some of my text messages blue android