Blubbering and whining women?

Andielyn

Reaction score
Nothing better than a memorable commercial and nothing worse than an annoying one.

novasolanis

Reaction score
Why I'm quitting my DROID......

The ad that's been playing of the mother and daughter crying and blubbering was cute the 1st time, maybe the 2nd.

At the 23rd time, it's the MOST ANNOYING AD I've come across in a decade, I mean I can't to the MUTE button FAST ENOUGH, and it makes me *AWARE* that DRoID must have a boatload of money to be able to buy that much time for a
commercial spot.

This only make re RESENT Droid and your poor choice to 1) Go with a super-annoying ad that in no way is cool or makes me have any positive association with the your product and 2) OVER-EXPOSE it and put it in the viewer's face at a
sickening rate.

I don't need my DROID phone THAT MUCH. I took it back to the store and now have an iphone, and at least I know enough about Apple to know that I won't be subjected to super-annoying gimmicky ads.

DESPERATE, ANNOYING, PATHETIC, a TOTAL TURN OFF. I hope you fire your admen.

novasolanis

Reaction score
Totally disagree

A commercial's job is to make you aware of the product and create or tap DESIRE for it.

Not to repulse you and annoy you until you actively want to join this site just so you can express how much you HATE IT and HATE THAT the ad could possibly be related to the DROID RAZR which you did own and have now returned because of the EXTREMELY UNCOOL ad.

BLUBBERiNG WHINY WOMEN?

NOT ATTRACTIVE. Not my mom. Not me. NOt anyone I want to know or be like. Not anything i want to own.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
novasolanis said:
A commercial's job is to make you aware of the product and create or tap DESIRE for it.

Not to repulse you and annoy you until you actively want to join this site just so you can express how much you HATE IT and HATE THAT the ad could possibly be related to the DROID RAZR which you did own and have now returned because of the EXTREMELY UNCOOL ad.

BLUBBERiNG WHINY WOMEN?

NOT ATTRACTIVE. Not my mom. Not me. NOt anyone I want to know or be like. Not anything i want to own.

Seriously dude.....consider Ativan
It's just a commercial......turn the tv off, go outside and play

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
novasolanis said:
The ad that's been playing of the mother and daughter crying and blubbering was cute the 1st time, maybe the 2nd.

At the 23rd time, it's the MOST ANNOYING AD I've come across in a decade, I mean I can't to the MUTE button FAST ENOUGH, and it makes me *AWARE* that DRoID must have a boatload of money to be able to buy that much time for a
commercial spot.

This only make re RESENT Droid and your poor choice to 1) Go with a super-annoying ad that in no way is cool or makes me have any positive association with the your product and 2) OVER-EXPOSE it and put it in the viewer's face at a
sickening rate.

I don't need my DROID phone THAT MUCH. I took it back to the store and now have an iphone, and at least I know enough about Apple to know that I won't be subjected to super-annoying gimmicky ads.

DESPERATE, ANNOYING, PATHETIC, a TOTAL TURN OFF. I hope you fire your admen.

"From now on call me rock star...." "siri, take the night off" "tonight we dance, siri play shake rattle and roll".
Yeah, you are much better off with an isheep, commercials are so much more stimulating to the intellect.
"Siri, make all android commercials....and the voices in my head....go away!". :)

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I heard the same commercial last night but the crying was actually comprehensible. Didn't need the subtitles; you could actually understand what they were saying.

Still a dumb commercial though.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;f_SwD7RveNE]http://www.youtube.com/embed/f_SwD7RveNE[/video]

Now stop yer whiningz.

viperguy

Reaction score
Who decided blubbering and whining women was a great idea for a VZW commercial? And then who decided I needed to see it every commercial break?

I have to change the station or mute the TV when the whining women commercial appears. I simply can't stand it. It's not funny, creates a negative image and so annoying. I wouldn't purchase the droid due to its association with such a terrible commercial. It's only second to the gay guy on Expedia which was pulled after complaints.

viperguy

Reaction score
I have to agree

It's pretty bad when you join a forum just to complain about their commercial. It's like nails on a chalkboard and the only reason I joined to forum to attempt to get this horrible commercial off the TV.

nooneyouknow

Reaction score
Running a different variation...

Anyone else notice they are running a different variation of the commercial now? Instead of the indecipherable blubbering with subtitles, there is a more understandable version where they are just whining. Some ad agency must have assembled a focus group to reassess the advertisements effectiveness.

spam54701

Reaction score
Anyone else notice they are running a different variation of the commercial now? Instead of the indecipherable blubbering with subtitles, there is a more understandable version where they are just whining. Some ad agency must have assembled a focus group to reassess the advertisements effectiveness.

which would be fine, but they also moved her another 11 miles away (the mom says 15 miles away now... apparently 4.2 was a bit too ridiculous).

I never did understand whether the girl was playing on her mom's emotions to get a kewl phone or not...

rehabber

Reaction score
This is the worse commercial ever

When it comes on, I can't get to my remote fast enough to pause it.