Blu Ray app for Android?

joeymoose

Reaction score
So I popped in a Blu-Ray and there was a video about a app available in the Android market called " Pocket Blu "

Anyone seen or have this? Could not find it in the Market....:mad:

hinky

Reaction score
So I popped in a Blu-Ray and there was a video about a app available in the Android market called " Pocket Blu "

Anyone seen or have this? Could not find it in the Market....:mad:

If it were available, I'd mark it under the "absurd" category. You're not playing bluray movies on the Droid for numerous reasons. The best you'll do is ripping them down to optimized files in mpeg or mov or avi or whatever the Droid takes and in a resolution that is probably 720 pixels wide and at a lower bit rate. You're not getting anything remotely close to bluray or HD to play on the device. You need real power just to play 1920 x 1080 native at a good bit rate...

OP
joeymoose

joeymoose

Reaction score
It looked more like a Blu-Ray Remote.....

issues636

Reaction score
:] no prob. I haven't come across a blu-ray that said anything about it so i'm sorry I can't tell ya anymore, but when I googled it that's what i found. It looks like a pretty decent little app, mind if I ask what movie you were watching when you saw it? Maybe I just never noticed it before cause I skip over the previews, etc.

OP
joeymoose

joeymoose

Reaction score
Ok, it says search pocket BLU in the market. It comes up not found for me... Yes I'm spelling it the exact way they did and others...?

issues636

Reaction score

just found it searching exactly "pocket blu".
that punctuation and all. found it on both my droid's so i don't see why you would be having a problem locating it.

bastosero

Reaction score
From what I read from the site, it's just a remote and also can stream some stuff (deleted scenes and such) over wi-fi from a pocketBLU enabled Blu-ray discs, but you will also need BD-Live enabled Blu-ray player. I don't think, as it doesn't state anywhere in there, that it can play a whole movie by streaming it.

Last edited:

lockman

Reaction score
Nice. I've always been too damn cheap to buy a proper remote for the PS3. Now I have justification for holding onto my beloved friend, even when watching a movie.

issues636

Reaction score
Nice. I've always been too damn cheap to buy a proper remote for the PS3. Now I have justification for holding onto my beloved friend, even when watching a movie.

I just said the same exact thing to myself, I hate having my PS3 remote in-hand or nearby just to control the movie. Lol. Only problem is this app doesn't work with ALL blu-ray movies, just ones that are pocket BLU enabled.

lockman

Reaction score

I just said the same exact thing to myself, I hate having my PS3 remote in-hand or nearby just to control the movie. Lol. Only problem is this app doesn't work with ALL blu-ray movies, just ones that are pocket BLU enabled.

Damn, I was so excited I didn't read it all.

issues636

Reaction score

Damn, I was so excited I didn't read it all.

Haha, yupp. Well hopefully most blu-ray's from now on start coming out ready to work with this so at least we'll have it on most of the newer ones. But for now, we're still stuck with those PS3 controllers. :icon_evil:

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
Yea its just a remote for the enabled movie... in my case I was watching "9" and I was able to download the app and use it as a blu ray remote, nothing more, nothing less... both your device and your blu ray player have to be in the same wifi network.