Blown away

clueless77

Reaction score
WOW I just walked into my local Verizon store to find it completely remodeled, with men working there that looked like they should be in a court room, none of the same people worked there I asked

I just didn't like the feel at all, I won't be going there again

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
in a court room as lawyers or the defendant? lol

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
Haha probably both, but yeah lawyers, they were wearing suits like full suits, it just felt cold and unfriendly, nit somewhere you feel like spending 3 or 4 hundred dollars

UNC

Reaction score
Would you rather they be pimple-faced kids wearing Tap-Out shirts?

I have never in my life heard of someone NOT liking professionals because of their professional attire! So this is a first!!
Seriously, I don't get it. Obviously it bothered you though, you posted about it on a forum.

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
No no don't get me wrong, I understand looking professional, but as I said it seemed unfriendly, when I asked about the old employees he was very short and harsh, maybe I'm over reacting, but before when I went in, it felt nice and friendly, my opinion

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
No no don't get me wrong, I understand looking professional, but as I said it seemed unfriendly, when I asked about the old employees he was very short and harsh, maybe I'm over reacting, but before when I went in, it felt nice and friendly, my opinion

My local store was previously full of suited knuckleheads as I call them. they were all suited up and not very friendly at all. all those guys cared about was selling the most expensive phone they had regardless what you wanted. Luckily the new manager that they brought on put an end to that as customer service dwindled. Now they all dress casually and have a bunch of more friendly people working there who actually care about you and what you want and not just all about the sales. Best thing is, they all know about the phones and how you can make it better. One of them even was happy to see I had the droid forum app on my girls phone. I have no issues going there now, but before forget about it

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
Yes exactly, I mean the guy I used to deal with went above and beyond for me, called me to let me know my phone had gotten there several days early, just like I said I won't go there again

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Would you rather they be pimple-faced kids wearing Tap-Out shirts?

I have never in my life heard of someone NOT liking professionals because of their professional attire! So this is a first!!
Seriously, I don't get it. Obviously it bothered you though, you posted about it on a forum.

Being over-dressed isn't quite as bad as being under-dressed, but still can be intimidating. They should wear khakis and a collared shirt with the VZW logo, IMO. Real estate agents don't even wear full suits.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So a buncha guys from Men's Wearhouse got mixed up as to what store they were in.....LOL jk

Yeah my local verizon usually has maybe one or two people in suits and that's the manager. Most of the time is dress shirt and some slacks and maybe a tie.

However if I'm going to be purchasing a phone rather talk to someone in a suit that someone in shorts and slippers:D